sharetrader
Page 778 of 870 FirstFirst ... 278678728768774775776777778779780781782788828 ... LastLast
Results 11,656 to 11,670 of 13038
  1. #11656
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    125

    Default

    The buy spread on HGH looks interesting this morning - 1 at 145 and the next at 128. Possibly a bunch of people sitting on the sideline trying to time the market.

  2. #11657
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    14,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Global Dairy Trade auction prices down 3.5% overnight

    Decline seen all year continues ...just like Heartlands share price

    Outlook for dairy prices apparently not that bright either

    Spooky eh, really spooky
    Really spooky...expecting hgh to come under further pressure today. The 10% gross yield rate arrives on a forecast of 9.5 cps fully imputed = 13.19 cps when the shares hit $1.32. Not saying they will go down that low in due course but stranger things have happened before and this one often overshoots on the high side ($2.14) and the low side.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  3. #11658
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ........as well as the significant correction of this sector in Australia ......
    Yes indeed, most OZ financial insto / banks multiples falling and NZ companies are following ......and HGH price/book at 1.35 is still just above sector average

    Now being touted as a trans-Tasman Group so one would expect this trend to follow ....and some punters might see HGH as more ‘risky’ than when it was a ‘bank’
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  4. #11659
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes indeed, most OZ financial insto / banks multiples falling and NZ companies are following ......and HGH price/book at 1.35 is still just above sector average

    Now being touted as a trans-Tasman Group so one would expect this trend to follow ....and some punters might see HGH as more ‘risky’ than when it was a ‘bank’
    While investors will see it gives HGH greater growth opportunities.
    Interesting to know the REL Australian out standing growth is continuing at the same extremely high rate.This growth will underpin HGH's positive outlook,and most probably increasing dividends.
    Last edited by percy; 21-11-2018 at 09:17 AM.

  5. #11660
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kerikeri
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    I wonder how much the lack of easy information available on HGH is putting people off ?
    When I look at ANZ Sec Details screen there is no dividend or yield showing.
    When I try to find it in NZX I get no historical dividends or upcoming dividends.
    No P/E, no eps, no NTA.
    All the history has been erased with the name change.

    Makes it cumbersome to find information. Especially on a scan.


    Disc. Holder

  6. #11661
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Those head and shoulders patterns pretty reliable indicators aren't they mate. That, the whole milk powder price and the spooky correlation thereto as well as the significant correction of this sector in Australia all point to a completion of the head and shoulders to just under $1.40. Tough times to be a hgh supporter. Dividend yield should give support, (he says hopefully), in the $1.30's. Hanging in their grimly with a moderate stake at this stage.
    $1.33 is where I first bought into this November 2015. I'm all out now - with a bit of a tear in my eye, this share had some sentimental attachment being the first share I bought when I started getting serious - but I will continue to watch it's progress. Once the downtrend that's been playing out for many months (confirmed in April by my reading of the charts) turns around I'll reappraise.

  7. #11662
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Tauranga NZ
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I wonder how much the lack of easy information available on HGH is putting people off ?
    When I look at ANZ Sec Details screen there is no dividend or yield showing.
    When I try to find it in NZX I get no historical dividends or upcoming dividends.
    No P/E, no eps, no NTA.
    All the history has been erased with the name change.

    Makes it cumbersome to find information. Especially on a scan.


    Disc. Holder
    I also could not find any history, not much had changed apart from the name.

  8. #11663
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    I also could not find any history, not much had changed apart from the name.
    A bit frustrating to have lost all that data. Perhaps an unintended consequence of the name change. Or a known outcome.

  9. #11664
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    A bit frustrating to have lost all that data. Perhaps an unintended consequence of the name change. Or a known outcome.
    Quite predictable - happens every time some stupid company decides to change their ticker. But given that even some of the guru investors around here loved the change - I guess there must be as well some benefits for HLB/HBL/HGH - maybe it allows them for some time to hide their tracks and the quite significant downtrend they are in?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  10. #11665
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite predictable - happens every time some stupid company decides to change their ticker. But given that even some of the guru investors around here loved the change - I guess there must be as well some benefits for HLB/HBL/HGH - maybe it allows them for some time to hide their tracks and the quite significant downtrend they are in?
    Got out of bed on the wrong side again?.
    I do expect better from you.

  11. #11666
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    58

    Default

    History is still on HLB last time I looked

  12. #11667
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Got out of bed on the wrong side again?.
    I do expect better from you.
    Look percy - I do hold your judgement normally in high regard. Just find it difficult to understand why you are reacting so sensitive on justified criticism of what your beloved HGH (or whatever board) might have done - even if it is just a nuisance to some investors, it was unnecessary.

    And just to make sure - I am not talking about the restructure (which clearly has benefits as well as risks), I am just talking about their need to change their ticker - again - and with that basically erase their (easy to access) history for the investor community.

    Obviously - this is only a small and annoying thing, but something SMT's and boards really love to do annoying things for no good reason. Create a new name and a new ticker is just setting something like a monument for whoever is running the show at the time. Probably shows they are just human.

    Give me only one benefit for Heartland to have again a new ticker!

    There are no benefits at all to HGH and it is predictably inconvenient to investors. And sure - the more serious ones will have the relevant data history anyway in their system (or know how to still access it), but it will stop some new investors to consider them for some time.

    But hey - this seems to be so much more important to you than to me, so I will try to stop annoying you with this subject.

    Apologies for any annoyance caused ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  13. #11668
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,418

    Default

    It’s not Heartlands fault that broking / info sites can’t cope with a ticker code change (even though a new entity has been created)

    Vent your fury out on them if one feels so aggrieved
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  14. #11669
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It’s not Heartlands fault that broking / info sites can’t cope with a ticker code change (even though a new entity has been created)

    Vent your fury out on them if one feels so aggrieved
    Exactly.
    Heartland would have betrayed shareholders, had they not "restructured" to take advantage of the ongoing huge growth they are experiencing with their offerings in Australia lead by their Reverse Mortgage business.

  15. #11670
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    I light of the discussion and in case some other holders are using Sharesight, this may be of interest:



    "Hi XXXXX,
    Heartland Bank has completed a corporate restructure.
    We’ve created a step by step guide on how to handle Heartland Bank Limited restructure to help you handle this acquisition in your Sharesight Portfolio.
    Handle Heartland Bank Limited restructure

    If you have any questions, we’re happy to help.
    Cheers,
    The Sharesight team"

    Here is the link https://help.sharesight.com/heartlan...d-restructure/
    Last edited by iceman; 22-11-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •