sharetrader
Page 78 of 1743 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182881281785781078 ... LastLast

Had a chat with Bruce McLachlan from that other small BANK the o day. He seems a good guy and has a pretty clear vision of where he wants to take his BANK. Like Greenslade he has had plenty of experience as wel

I like the cooperative model .....fits with the principled side of me. Gave them some more dosh today ...at least greedy shareholders won't be making any money of it.

The way the world is heading and how generational values are deveoloping i wouldnt be surprised to see a rise in these types of cooperatively owned businesses ....not this year but in due course

Heck where is the occupy meeting

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post

Not sure I will include it in next years picking comp - maybe the year after........
    I saw that !!!
    Await your decision with baited breath.!!

why their own director damping shares at this stage? need cash for xmas?

The seller was Sean Kam, the former Chief Financial Officer who resigned back in April.
    SCOTTY

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    The seller was Sean Kam, the former Chief Financial Officer who resigned back in April.
    Seems he don't have much confidence to hold.
    Last edited by Master98; 21-12-2012 at 11:20 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    Seems he don't have much confidence to hold.
    I don't know why he sold,so would think it foolish to pass judgement.

jeez nothing on this threasd for 24 hours so i though better post something

this analyst obviously didn't go to the ASM .... fancing putting some cons in his report .... on Stuff

A Broker's View: Heartland New Zealand

Last updated 05:00 22/12/2012
    A broker's view: Heartland New Zealand

Sector: Financial services

Stock code: HNZ

Overview: Heartland arose from a three-way merger between CBS Canterbury, Southern Cross Building Society and MARAC Finance. The company subsequently purchased PGC Wrightson Finance. Heartland targets small to medium-sized businesses and the rural sector. On Monday Heartland announced the Reserve Bank had registered it as a bank, making it the only New Zealand operated, controlled and managed bank on the NZX.

Pros: Being a registered bank should be of great benefit to Heartland's earnings. It will improve its standing with depositors and borrowers and help it increase its interest margin. Its most recent result was promising, with underlying earnings of $20.2m. Particularly important in that result was the improvement in earnings in the second half. That improvement can, in part, be attributed to an improved interest margin. Further improvement in interest margins thanks to the banking license should increase earnings. The company trades at a discount of to its net asset backing of 90 cents per share. (Net asset backing is calculated by subtracting total debt from total assets and dividing by the number of shares.)

Cons: The discount to net asset backing could result from some legacy issues with the quality of the lending book, particularly in the non-core property book. This could lead to loan write-downs if the funds cannot be recovered. The credit rating of BBB- is at the lower end of investment grade ratings.

Price performance: After opening at 95 cents a share on February 1 2011, Heartland reached lows of 43 cents earlier this year before recovering to recently trade at 70 cents.

Investment outlook: The market still requires more evidence of consistent earnings from the company. If they can continue to produce good results their share price will increase. Suits investors with a high propensity for risk.

*A Broker's View is written by NZX broker and investment adviser Hamilton Hindin Greene Limited. This article represents general information provided by Hamilton Hindin Greene, who may hold an interest in the security. It does not constitute investment advice. Should you wish to receive personalised advice please contact an authorised financial adviser.
    Last edited by winner69; 22-12-2012 at 11:53 AM.

percy

I believe Grant Williamson from HHG attended the AGM.
    "Suits investors with a high propensity for risk" appears a rather suspect comment, when HNZ have just been granted a bank licence,and have an equity ratio of 16% which would be the envy of all NZ financial institutions.
    Last edited by percy; 22-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I believe Grant Williamson from HHG attended the AGM.
    "Suits investors with a high propensity for risk" appears a rather suspect comment, when HNZ have just been granted a bank licence,and have an equity ratio of 16% which would be the envy of all NZ financial institutions.
    Might be the envy and relative to other nz instos a good number .....but is it really a good number?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Might be the envy and relative to other nz instos a good number .....but is it really a good number?
    Another on the one hand, on the other hand analysis.

Bunch of wallies, some of these analysts.