sharetrader
Page 781 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 2816817317717777787797807817827837847857918318811281 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 17211
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Think ASB has the largest exposure to the Auck market Percy ..., always seemed to be a bit like AMI & CHCH to me .....
    I was going from The NZ Herald article headed;
    "ANZ wins battle of the mortgages as Auckland's real estate market faces cut-throat rivalry."

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I was going from The NZ Herald article headed;
    "ANZ wins battle of the mortgages as Auckland's real estate market faces cut-throat rivalry."
    Have to read it carefully as a bit misleading . It does say ANZ set to take over as #1... But not there yet . However if they keep lending at current rates they will get there ....sorry to split hairs , probably a good thing for us if ASB scales its % back a bit

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Have to read it carefully as a bit misleading . It does say ANZ set to take over as #1... But not there yet . However if they keep lending at current rates they will get there ....sorry to split hairs , probably a good thing for us if ASB scales its % back a bit
    Don't mind you splitting hairs and putting me right.!!
    I am just really pleased Heartland Bank are not joining in the madness.
    Do you think with the British exit ,the Australian Banks may have to pay the Europeans more for their wholesale funding?
    Last edited by percy; 24-06-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Advanced Member

Don't mind you splitting hairs and putting me right.!!
    I am just really pleased Heartland Bank are not joining in the madness.
    Do you think with the British exit ,the Australian Banks may have to pay the Europeans more for their wholesale funding?
    Think this has a long way to play out , but yes that is a distinct possibility .

So on your judgement ANZ is at the lowest end because it fell 4.9% today ,and Westpac is at the highest because it only only fell 4.5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Heartland fell 4.8% so is better than ANZ,but not as good as Westpac?.
    Maybe the fact ANZ has the largest exposure to the Auckland property market has added to their woes...lol.
    On the Australian market which had two more hours to absorb the news and is far more liquid with over 14m shares changing hands in ANZ today, they fell 4.1%. NAB down 3.8% and WBC on the Aussie market down 4.5%. Heartland trading had less time to absorb the bad news but fell more. I expect a flight to the safest possible banks and in particular deposits to Government guaranteed Kiwi bonds to gain strong momentum, (no lol, nothing to laugh about today).
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-06-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    On the Australian market which had two more hours to absorb the news and is far more liquid with over 14m shares changing hands in ANZ today, they fell 4.1%. NAB down 3.8% and WBC on the Aussie market down 4.5%. Heartland trading had less time to absorb the bad news but fell more. I expect a flight to the safest possible banks and in particular deposits to Government guaranteed Kiwi bonds to gain strong momentum, (no lol, nothing to laugh about today).
    I think it is the best news for almost 40 years. Hurrah.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    My figures were based on the NZ market as it is the only market where all three trade,.
    Therefore the three had the same time to react to the same news.
    Traded today on NZX;
    ANZ $2,470,355
    HBL, $1,518,348
    WBC.$4,245,192
    Last edited by percy; 24-06-2016 at 09:00 PM.

on the brighter side...at these prices Snoopy will now become a hbl holder and only positive posts will be in his book

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    on the brighter side...at these prices Snoopy will now become a hbl holder and only positive posts will be in his book
    I don't think so.
    He will need to keep a good amount of money to one side,as he may have to defend himself, against the possibly libelous statements he made about The Governor of The Reserve Bank of New Zealand in his post #7800.
    The directors of Heartland Bank would most probably join the party too.

Red face

I don't mind snoopy posting,but when I see his post is the last in the index I don't go there to read it,honestly it's just too technical for me.
    if you analysed all the stocks like that,how many would you come away with that you could make a positive investment decision on.
    I have made a bit of money from time to time with HBL,but if I took those sorts of posts seriously for my decisions I would be institutionalised,in the ward for people whom Just don't get it.

No offence Snoopy.
    Last edited by kizame; 25-06-2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: additional info