sharetrader
Page 782 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 2826827327727787797807817827837847857867928328821282 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 17213
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    I don't mind snoopy posting,but when I see his post is the last in the index I don't go there to read it,honestly it's just too technical for me.
    if you analysed all the stocks like that,how many would you come away with that you could make a positive investment decision on.
    I have made a bit of money from time to time with HBL,but if I took those sorts of posts seriously for my decisions I would be institutionalised,in the ward for people whom Just don't get it.

No offence Snoopy.
    agree with u...every stock has its own risks....if don't want the risks...put the money in term deposit the...isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    I don't mind snoopy posting,but when I see his post is the last in the index I don't go there to read it,honestly it's just too technical for me.
    if you analysed all the stocks like that,how many would you come away with that you could make a positive investment decision on.
    I have made a bit of money from time to time with HBL,but if I took those sorts of posts seriously for my decisions I would be institutionalised,in the ward for people whom Just don't get it.

No offence Snoopy.
    Bit harsh .... while I don't always agree with Snoopy's sentiments do I see his posts as a great contribution to this forum (and thread).

Sure - it might be hard for everybody to do this level of analysis for every stock in a diversified portfolio ... but this makes it so valuable if others share their analysis with us on this forum. This does not mean that we should accept anything without own research and further scrutiny, but it means it gives us a first hint that there might be other things worthwhile to research ... or alternatively it might give us more confidence in one particular area.

What Snoopy is essentially doing is just turning the torch into dark corners of the stock under question and shining some light into them. He tells us how he interprets what he sees - and we may or may not agree with his interpretation, but at least do we have than a choice to revisit the corners he looked into or we can choose to dismiss his findings (and yes, he is not always right, but than - who is)?

So - please Snoopy, continue to share your findings and analysis with us ... and for anybody who feels overwhelmed by some of his close scrutiny or who prefers to put the head into the sand ... there is always the ignore-list or you can just close your eyes and dream.

Discl: hold HNZ and think about accumulating (thanks to clown Boris & his idiots) ... but still prefer to learn about potential (and real) warts prior to them blowing up into my face;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Researching stocks takes time and expierence.A great deal of reading,and understanding what you are reading.Attending annual general meetings,company presentations and speaking to the CEO or CFO to get clarity on any issue I do not understand.The better the research,the better the results.
    It is very easy to compare what companies achieve, with what they say they will do.
    The same came be done with sharetrader.Any one can read a thread from start to finish, and then they have an idea of who knows what they are talking about.Easy. Yet so many just don't bother and are left wondering why they get it wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Researching stocks takes time and expierence.A great deal of reading,and understanding what you are reading.Attending annual general meetings,company presentations and speaking to the CEO or CFO to get clarity on any issue I do not understand.The better the research,the better the results.
    It is very easy to compare what companies achieve, with what they say they will do.
    The same came be done with sharetrader.Any one can read a thread from start to finish, and then they have an idea of who knows what they are talking about.Easy. Yet so many just don't bother and are left wondering why they get it wrong.

Percy,,I admire you in investing stock market...u did take time in researching companies that u invested....I remembered last time you recommended me TIL...when it was still $2 ish...I totally ignored it..n now...look at TIL....gutted...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Bit harsh .... while I don't always agree with Snoopy's sentiments do I see his posts as a great contribution to this forum (and thread).

Sure - it might be hard for everybody to do this level of analysis for every stock in a diversified portfolio ... but this makes it so valuable if others share their analysis with us on this forum. This does not mean that we should accept anything without own research and further scrutiny, but it means it gives us a first hint that there might be other things worthwhile to research ... or alternatively it might give us more confidence in one particular area.

What Snoopy is essentially doing is just turning the torch into dark corners of the stock under question and shining some light into them. He tells us how he interprets what he sees - and we may or may not agree with his interpretation, but at least do we have than a choice to revisit the corners he looked into or we can choose to dismiss his findings (and yes, he is not always right, but than - who is)?

So - please Snoopy, continue to share your findings and analysis with us ... and for anybody who feels overwhelmed by some of his close scrutiny or who prefers to put the head into the sand ... there is always the ignore-list or you can just close your eyes and dream.

Discl: hold HNZ and think about accumulating (thanks to clown Boris & his idiots) ... but still prefer to learn about potential (and real) warts prior to them blowing up into my face;
    I don't think it's harsh at all,just telling it like it is, for me.
    Snoopy has a right to post whatever he likes on the subject,but to delve into the balance sheet and financials so deeply really for me,is an aside to what is actually happening with the shareprice,and apart from basic fundamentals and the outlook for the company over the next year,that is all I need to make an investment for whatever timeframe I'm happy with. And I do presume others do enjoy the friendly banter with him regarding his analysis.

A lot of small trades today.iS THAT MORMAL OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Good post BP. I also enjoy reading the results of the resident Beagle dog's foraging. He's get's his furry snout into places some don't like to examine and has a reasonably good nose for sniffing out decaying rat's lying in dark corners. Don't always agree with him but I enjoy watching his work just as much as watching the Beagle dog's at the airport go about their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Good post BP. I also enjoy reading the results of the resident Beagle dog's foraging. He's get's his furry snout into places some don't like to examine and has a reasonably good nose for sniffing out decaying rat's lying in dark corners. Don't always agree with him but I enjoy watching his work just as much as watching the Beagle dog's at the airport go about their work.
    is snoopy happy with a rub to his tummy and a play with a string bone for all his hard work

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    is snoopy happy with a rub to his tummy and a play with a string bone for all his hard work
    I had the real pleasure of owning a beagle for 11 years so I think I can say with quite some authority that they seem to derive their own pleasure simply from getting their snout into all sorts of different places. They really seem to get off on discovering new scents and trails to follow and I think the resident beagle is no exception to the breed. Not so sure about the tummy rub thing, Kelly never seemed to like that all that much but I can assure you Sidney Silky Terriers absolutely love that All dogs like a good pat from time to time. I admire his tenacity.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-06-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    A lot of small trades today.iS THAT MORMAL OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING.
    DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually, it might become even cheaper. But, then again, could get much worse. Flick a coin for the answer!
    BUT, if people want to get out of sterling or whatever, to put it into the Kiwi, they might put it in shares.
    Again, flick a coin.
    BUT there will be winners and losers from this lot.
    I have no clue which I shall be!
    Advice please.