sharetrader
Page 786 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 2866867367767827837847857867877887897907968368861286 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 17210
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey nextbigthing - that $1.60 later in the year is a now a pipe dream i reckon. I think the mood on the street is is now rather subdued and expectations might only be about $1.20 now ...maybe $1.30 if we lucky.

Looks like acquisitions off the agenda - need that excess capital in these times.

Current price now below the 50EMA, 100EMA and 200EMA. Thats not good is it.

What are you hearing on the street up your way mate?
    Still the same as what I've always passed on, $1.06 by Christmas.

Yes, $1.06

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Interesting discussion folks, another useful dimension to consider, the risk vs reward view affects customers and shareholders. Do you have all your personal and business banking with Heartland Percy, i.e. not solely a shareholder?
    I have banked with Westpac for 52 years.My business banking has been with them 43 years.
    I have had the same accountant for 43 years.
    I have dealt with Craigs for over 35 years.
    I no longer hold any Westpac shares.
    I hold Heartland Bank shares,which I have been steadily adding to.
    I looked at opening an account with ANZ Securities,as well as Heartland Bank, and decided I could not be bothered filling out their forms.
    I generally buy shares for the long term,ie I have been a share holder of Ebos for approx. 27 years.

IMO

Yeah me too my bank is Westpac ; but the bank i invest in in NZ to profit from is Heartland; what a great track record against the odds its carved out some great niches and risk wise its minimal compared with the small cap spekkies and Goldies i play with. Kinda like SCL i know a weather event could stuff things up occasionally but thats the risk I'm prepared to take; as is walking out the door.

With these sort of rates of household borrowing you'd think Heartland would be doing much better than expected .....must bea profit upgrade soon.

http://www.interest.co.nz/property/8...last-seen-2008

Numbers concentrate on housing loans but implied is strong growth in consumer borrowing (outside of home loans)
    Last edited by winner69; 30-06-2016 at 04:15 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I'm told that Heartland will be Open for Business in late august when BNZ is Closed for Good

percy

I'm told that Heartland will be Open for Business in late august when BNZ is Closed for Good
    Don't know what you are talking about with regard The BNZ,but I can tell you Heartland Bank's "open for business" is going extremely well. [As is all their online products].

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Don't know what you are talking about with regard The BNZ,but I can tell you Heartland Bank's "open for business" is going extremely well. [As is all their online products].
    Plenty of advertising and pushing it hard - radio ads all through the night - why not they are open for business aren't they

percy

Plenty of advertising and pushing it hard - radio ads all through the night - why not they are open for business aren't they
    Open for business 24/7 I believe.
    I go to sleep every night counting the dollars they are making...
    1mil and one,1 mi land two,1 mil and three,1 mil and four.
    I think they are making it quicker than I can count.
    1 mil and five.

IMO

Closed For Good: BNZ Great stuff; hats off.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Snoopy wrote:
    "The Reserve Bank are actual the most brutal Heartland bears. That BBB rating means Heartland will be expected to go bust one in every six recessions. It is still a little early to predict whether the coming recession will be 'the one'."

I learn something new every day. I always thought that those ratings were set by the likes of Moodys, Standard and Poors, Fitch etc. as is the case with industrial-type companies.
    Quite right to pull me up on this Macduffy - my wording was a little sloppy.

Perhaps what I should have said was the Reserve Bank has decided that a minimum requirement for a bank is the "Capacity to make timely repayments." The minimum credit rating that would indicate this is BBB (as determined by Fitch in the case of Heartland). The Reserve Bank accepts the Fitch rating and all that this implies (likelihood of defaulting on customer deposits in any given year 1 in 30 - or if you accept a business cycle is six years, one business cycle in five).

Nevertheless the essence behind what I said, namely that the reserve bank accepts the Heartland BBB rating and the associated one in 30 year default risk that the BBB rating implies is correct.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 30-06-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7