sharetrader
Page 790 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 2906907407807867877887897907917927937948008408901290 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,900 of 17213
    percy

Thankfully Heartland Bank have evolved.
    The next big advance for banking is digital/online.
    Heartland are at the forefront with products that suit their modern clients needs.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Heartland Bank can trace their history back to 1875.
    At no time have they ever not repaid an investment on time and in full to the best of my knowledge.
    So after 140 years, I would think the odds are very much in favour of them continuing to repay investments in full and on time.
    Are No, HBL s history is only a couple of years old, 1875 you refer to Ashburton permanent building society,HBLs management is totally different now so you can't extrapolate that as being THEIR history. This is a new era and entity.
    that being said,doesn't mean management won't work to the same principles.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Are No, HBL s history is only a couple of years old, 1875 you refer to Ashburton permanent building society,HBLs management is totally different now so you can't extrapolate that as being THEIR history. This is a new era and entity.
    that being said,doesn't mean management won't work to the same principles.
    Yes right back to 1875 and the Ashburton Permanent Building Society.
    Bit like Westpac, which was formed in 1982, but their history goes back to 1861.
    Now we can understand the significance of Heartland holding their first agm in Ashburton,and the wonderful mural Heartland had on their Ashburton building, showing Heartland's history timeline.
    Last edited by percy; 03-07-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Since 2012 heartlands credit rating has been upgraded.
    22 May 2014 S&P upgrade
    29 Oct 2014 28 October 2014

Heartland New Zealand Limited (NZX: HNZ) is pleased to announce that Fitch
    Rating (Fitch Australia Pty Ltd) has raised its long term issuer credit
    rating on HNZ subsidiary Heartland Bank Limited (Bank) to 'BBB' from 'BBB-'
    outlook stable. The full release from Fitch Rating is attached.

Fitch Rating noted the Bank's consistent reduction in non-core assets
    resulting in improved asset quality and stronger earnings, and that its
    business model focuses on niche markets in which it has a leading market
    share.

Heartland is pleased with the raised rating, which follows Standard & Poor's
    raising the Bank's credit rating earlier this year (22 May 2014).

Snoopy - I have a lot of respect for you and your contribution to ST.
    However I feel we are losing relevance to this thread and/or covering things that have already bene covered in depth by other posters
    I am happy to continue our discussion via PM if would would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Axe, as unlikely as that may seem, if you had read the entire question, you would have seen that I was asking you about just such an unlikely scenario. Changing the question to make it more realistic is pragmatic and sensible, but it doesn't address the question I was asking you!

(Snoopy's head looks up expectantly and tail wags)

I am still hoping Axe that you might take pity on a poor mutt and answer the question that I asked. After all, I did answer the probability question that you put to me. However, failing that, I can come at what I see as 'the issue' from a different angle.

So now to the new question.

The 'one in whatever' ratio (1:30 for a BBB organization) interpretation that the reserve bank quotes in their explanatory notes is

"The approximate, median likelihood that an investor will not receive repayment on a five-year investment on time and in full, based upon historical default rates published by each agency."

Suppose I had taken out the following five term deposit investments with Heartland.

1/ A five year term deposit taken out in FY2012
    2/ A five year term deposit taken out in FY2013
    3/ A five year term deposit taken out in FY2014
    4/ A five year term deposit taken out in FY2015
    5/ A five year term deposit taken out in FY2016

Which of these investments (could be one, more than one, or none) does the implied current Heartland BBB credit risk 1:30 of not being repaid apply to?

SNOOPY

percy

Good to see CEO Jeff Greenslade, and head of banking Chris Flood, adding to their holdings.
    Confirms they believe what they have been saying at the presentations they have been giving.

Good to see CEO Jeff Greenslade, and head of banking Chris Flood, adding to their holdings.
    Confirms they believe what they have been saying at the presentations they have been giving.
    Yes, though are you sure they paid for the shares themselves? Shares have been bought under the existing "LTI scheme". Correct me if I am wrong, but I assume the abbreviation stands for something like "Long Term incentive"? Might be just free money (i.e. paid by share holders) for the senior management team ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

I believe they did pay for them themselves as considerations were paid (is this right?)
    Clearly they believe a strong result is on the horizon! (and given HBL's short, sharp drop, they probably couldn't resist picking up shares at bargain basement pricing )

Hey t-j - reckon the share price will get to $1.30 and stay above it this time around
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

winner69, I believe heartland are very well positioned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    winner69, I believe heartland are very well positioned
    As they say every dog has it's day and Heartlands day is finally coming eh

Once past 130 only another 10 cents or so to get back to where it was 18 months ago

Think nextbigthing meant 160 and not 106 in his recent post - 160 by time of full year announcement - nothing in the way to stop that is there.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”