sharetrader
Page 791 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 2916917417817877887897907917927937947958018418911291 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,910 of 17211

yep you'all could be right as the PE is only 12,but I think maybe with the unknown of a potential aquisition,who knows,but without that,there could be minimal growth in shareprice and profitability over the next year. I for one would like to see a steady long term uptrend,if you look at the weekly and monthly chart,it has been in a consolidation triangle since Feb 2015 and technically only needs to break 130-31 to bust out of this and then 135 to beat resistance.It is really close to doing this as you can see by the shareprice,so what will be the catalyst?
    Aquisition,increased profit guidance for forthcoming year (still too early for that I think),I'm picking it is about to breakout but will be a slow and steady climb to 180 if an aquisition doesn't happen.

I am ignoring of course the clouds that seem to be building,and calling for a correction in the markets.
    T'm trying to look at the chart in front of me and ignoring the periferal noise.
    Last edited by kizame; 17-07-2016 at 03:48 PM. Reason: more to dd

With dividends of 8.5% p.a, this is my highest yielding stock so even though more capital gain would be nice, I can't complain.

Hey t_j it's finally made it to $1.30 ......good eh and now heading to all time high $1.40 plus

With no acquisition on the cards this year i expect Jeff to come clean and announces an earnings upgrade .....or will proactive provisioning stop that happening?

Where's you Arvida in the race?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up More now than then

I did take some time out from taking time out to buy some HBL when they were on special at sub $1.20 a few weeks ago.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I did take some time out from taking time out to buy some HBL when they were on special at sub $1.20 a few weeks ago.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    As I'm sure you know, you weren't the only one... while HBL was part of one of Briscoes famous sales, Heartlands CEO (Jeffrey) and Heartlands Head of Banking (Christopher) also took some time out from taking time out to take advantage of this short lived special

winner69, it would seem ARV has retired from the race, albeit a bit early...!
    Time will tell regarding upgrades and what is happening with the capital return or a potential acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    As I'm sure you know, you weren't the only one... while HBL was part of one of Briscoes famous sales, Heartlands CEO (Jeffrey) and Heartlands Head of Banking (Christopher) also took some time out from taking time out to take advantage of this short lived special

winner69, it would seem ARV has retired from the race, albeit a bit early...!
    Time will tell regarding upgrades and what is happening with the capital return or a potential acquisition
    Dont exagerate t_j - Briscoes sales are 50% / 60% off - Heartland was only about a 10% off sale.

Better push on from here - been a frustratingly disappointing stock the last year but i live in hope. Maybe i am in love with them.
    Last edited by winner69; 19-07-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Dont exagerate t_j - Briscoes sales are 50% / 60% off - Heartland was only about a 10% off sale.
    Maybe I was talking about where I believe the share price should really be

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Maybe I was talking about where I believe the share price should really be
    I get it nowc- $1.60 to $2.00

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I get it nowc- $1.60 to $2.00
    By Christmas.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Yep you'all could be right as the PE is only 12, but I think maybe with the unknown of a potential aquisition,who knows,but without that,there could be minimal growth in shareprice and profitability over the next year.
    Lofty expectations? Is there any bank -globally- sitting on a PE of more than 12 right now?

On another note I was out at Rangiora a couple of weeks back. There was a note there on the former Heartland premises that they had relocated the branch to Riccarton. What a crock. The Riccarton branch has been where it is for some time. The Rangiora branch has been closed down. That is the real truth of the matter. So much for Heartland's rural roots. Roll on the Heartland rural rout!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7