sharetrader
Page 798 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 2986987487887947957967977987998008018028088488981298 ... LastLast
Results 7,971 to 7,980 of 17211
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile I remember it like yesterday

There is a story that my father used to tell me when I was young:
    'The sheep dog who cried woof'
    Just in case your father never told it to you it goes like this:

The sheep dog who cried woof

The sheep dog kept crying woof and everybody came running to save the sheep from the woof, but there was no woof.

People got fed up of missing their dinner and favourite TV programs because they were running to save the sheep from the woof and they was no woof.

So after a while they said 'Bad dog' and stopped coming to save the sheep when the sheep dog cried woof.

Then one day the woof came...

The End.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Sounds similar to The Boy Who Cried Wolf, except with a sheep dog and a woof (whatever that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    There is a story that my father used to tell me when I was young:
    'The sheep dog who cried woof'
    Just in case your father never told it to you it goes like this:

The sheep dog who cried woof

The sheep dog kept crying woof and everybody came running to save the sheep from the woof, but there was no woof.

People got fed up of missing their dinner and favourite TV programs because they were running to save the sheep from the woof and they was no woof.

So after a while they said 'Bad dog' and stopped coming to save the sheep when the sheep dog cried woof.

Then one day the woof came...

The End.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    So you telling us that the Heartland share price is about to collapse?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I think the dog cried "WOF" not "Woof". It means Warrant Of Fitness. We are well positioned!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face See below

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Sounds similar to The Boy Who Cried Wolf, except with a sheep dog and a woof (whatever that is).

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: hold HBL, but not complacent about it.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Er hardly. Even with the 10% rise in whole milk price, the average dairy farmer is still only receiving 70% of his production costs. And with the new season's calving yet to kick in, most farmers have no milk to sell anyway yet. I would say the real dairy crisis is only just beginning with sharemilkers/farmers still borrowing to live, making a loss and having no cashflow. Heartland is still in big trouble with their dairy portfolio I think.

SNOOPY
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: hold HBL, but not complacent about it.
    Beagles don't woof much but they've usually very good at sniffing out trouble, (why else would the airport use them).
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-08-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Beagles don't woof much but they've usually very good at sniffing out trouble, (why else would the airport use them).
    You must have a well behaved beagle. Mine woof's plenty. Always for food.

Perhaps Snoopy just doesn't like what he's being fed today?

Even if they announce $54.7m npat it really is more than that

Remember they spent a million or two on that 28 page booklet they sent to shareholders outlining how a capital return might work. One non- recurring expense and possibly a couple of others.

Heartland probably wont be returning capital in the foreseeable future. I reckon they will follow the other banks and shore up their capital base in these apparent turbulent times globally.

Doesn't stop them raising some Tier 2 capital to fund lending growth, particularly so seeing no acquisition on the horizon

Back to today - shareprice 140 and a new all ti me high close (or maybe tomorrow)

Hope they include some numbers as to how many zillions they lending through their de facto shopfront in Harmoney.

Seems like more than half of Harmoney lending is Heartlands - not really P2P is it? Do they get first dibs of everything leaving the rest to the keen punters?

With returns (RAR) probably >12% (Heartland must get preferential rates eh) a good lurk

Today tht 140 day for the share price?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope they include some numbers as to how many zillions they lending through their de facto shopfront in Harmoney.

Seems like more than half of Harmoney lending is Heartlands - not really P2P is it? Do they get first dibs of everything leaving the rest to the keen punters?

With returns (RAR) probably >12% (Heartland must get preferential rates eh) a good lurk

Today tht 140 day for the share price?
    I'd like to see that 1.40 today, if it wasn't for a few 'last minute' panic sell's yesterday, we would certainly be looking comfortably at the big 1.40 today... lets see I suppose.