sharetrader
Page 81 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485911311815811081 ... LastLast
    percy

[QUOTE=janner;388844]
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post

With Guarantee ???.. Take a Taxi and buy me two... the cheque is in the post..
    Sorry Ken Ring brought the whole lot.Missed mine as it was a display model without the box or instructions.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post

A Bargain. Hopefully Tammy was promoting them. Crystal Ball Gazing being almost a University Course, 101, now. Illuminated Crystal Balls being a Masters degree. I got all the crystal balls in stock at Briscoes. Now have to learn to drive them. Do they come with a Genie?
    Seriously, the problem is that so many have been seriously burnt with Pyne Gould. I think they will bale out. I am more or less OK. But very pessimistic about the whole economy, particularly Oz, America and Europe. I think we will almost be OK.

No time to be pessimistic mouse.. I have percy already buying two ( 2 ) Crystal balls, one for me one for you.. ( cheque in the post )..

Of course there will be a 10% fee on all profits realised.. :-)..

" But very pessimistic about the whole economy, particularly Oz, America and Europe. I think we will almost be OK.
    So you are saying NZ is going to better in your opinion ??.

IF so... OUR BANK will also do better.. CAPICHE ??..

No mouse.. Cash up... Put your money into the safest currency in the world and receive..... .. ..
    hmmm..hmm..hmmmmmmm.. 1 ( one ) percent interest if you are lucky.. as it devalues..

My money is on the NZ HEARTLAND..

percy

[QUOTE=mouse;388846]

A Bargain. Hopefully Tammy was promoting them. Crystal Ball Gazing being almost a University Course, 101, now. Illuminated Crystal Balls being a Masters degree. I got all the crystal balls in stock at Briscoes. Now have to learn to drive them. Do they come with a Genie?
    Seriously, the problem is that so many have been seriously burnt with Pyne Gould. I think they will bale out. I am more or less OK. But very pessimistic about the whole economy, particularly Oz, America and Europe. I think we will almost be OK.
    Everyday people are selling shares as they either want the money or think they are over priced,while others have money to invest and think the shares they are buying will produce good divies and share price growth.
    Every one who owned PGC shares got seriously burnt.If they think HNZ is the same as PGC they are wrong.
    Do not be too pessimistic.Govts in America and Europe have huge debt,but remember the listed companies have very strong balance sheets,and the people in Europe carry very little debt,while the American public have been reducing personal debt.Oz govt has very little debt.In Christchurch look at all the new utes and four wheel drive vehicles the tradesmen are driving. All the cranes,huge new poo trucks,etc.[all on time payment or leased.Think HNZ]
    Last edited by percy; 30-12-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Janner, I live in Christchurch. The level of damage here is fairly large. As far as I can guess, there are 50,000 homes needing replacement or repair. So whilst the world stews we could be OK. Providing the insurance companies dont go bust.
    Ansvar has. But Ansvar NZ, not the Ecclesiastical Insurers of London. The London lot have just walked away.
    Now, that is important. A major company has said, not my problem. Stew. And walked.
    Which brings us to Heartland. A Kiwi Company. People with cash in overseas owned banks need to look at Ansvar, and consider if their own bank could just walk away. 'Sorry Chaps, your cash has vanished. Bye.' People should put their cash into NZ owned banks. Not Heartland if you own shares in it. Spread your risks.
    Percy, the problem is people got burnt with PGC and the other companies combining to form Heartland. One of my mates had 'shares' in Southern Cross. They refused to let him cash the shares in. Southern Cross got expelled from the Association of Building Societies, or whatever it was called. The problem is those people are all wanting to dump their shares. Which will depress Heartland shares.
    My conclusion. Heartland shares are a 'hold.' They were a buy at 50 cents. Thankfully I had the cash to buy some at that price. We can look to reasonable dividends in the immediate future. As you say Percy, the amount of new gear in Christchurch is amazing. I am sure Heartland is active in the market.
    Next, in a financial crisis, the last thing to hold is cash. It can vanish as in Weimar Republic or, after the war, West Germany cancelled all their cash and gave everyone fifty dollars or whatever. Bank notes, bank deposits, the lot, were cancelled. If you owned buildings that were still standing, or other assetts, you escaped the haircut.

percy

Mouse;company fortunes change,good people come on board,and people change their opinons.Ryman did nothing for a couple of years and people sold out.Share price is now about 15 times what they sold for.Mainfreight came on the market and were going to take on the world,only to fall over in Aussie.People who sold ,have seen that share go up 10 times.Ebbos looked as though they would lose a hospital contract.People who sold have seen that share go up over 10 times.Skellerup went through a number of owners who along with shareholders lost their capital.Now a very strong company with little or no debt.
    HNZ has set the foundations for a prosperous future.Sellers will miss out!!

Mouse;company fortunes change,good people come on board,and people change their opinons.Ryman did nothing for a couple of years and people sold out.Share price is now about 15 times what they sold for.Mainfreight came on the market and were going to take on the world,only to fall over in Aussie.People who sold ,have seen that share go up 10 times.Ebbos looked as though they would lose a hospital contract.People who sold have seen that share go up over 10 times.Skellerup went through a number of owners who along with shareholders lost their capital.Now a very strong company with little or no debt.
    HNZ has set the foundations for a prosperous future.Sellers will miss out!!
    Quite. My crystal ball says 90 cents, December 2014. The Genie supplied with it agreed.
    Percy, crystal ball without Genie, suggested 12 Dec 2014 at 12.43? $1.57.
    My ball would not go any further, even with prodding.
    Percy got 2015 $2.38 and Dec 2016 over $3.00.
    What I think we all agree with, its a hold. Those who want quick profits, well you made them between 50 cents and 70 cents. Pretty spectacular actually. So wait to December 2014. I will be delighted to be proven to have a crystal ball price that is far too low.

One problem is that cheap, on sale, Crystal Balls, even with a Genie, are a bit unreliable. Plus can break down. Getting them serviced is a problem.
    Last edited by mouse; 30-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Quite. My crystal ball says 90 cents, December 2014. The Genie supplied with it agreed.
    Percy, crystal ball without Genie, suggested 12 Dec 2014 at 12.43? $1.57.
    My ball would not go any further, even with prodding.
    Percy got 2015 $2.38 and Dec 2016 over $3.00.
    What I think we all agree with, its a hold. Those who want quick profits, well you made them between 50 cents and 70 cents. Pretty spectacular actually. So wait to December 2014. I will be delighted to be proven to have a crystal ball price that is far too low.

One problem is that cheap, on sale, Crystal Balls, even with a Genie, are a bit unreliable. Plus can break down. Getting them serviced is a problem.
    90 cents!!!! I would be more than happy with that.Buying today at 68cents return would be 32% PLUS divies.At 69cents it would be 30% plus divies.At 70 cents it would be 28.5% plus divies.
    Hold.No way,it is a RAGEING BUY.
    Last edited by percy; 31-12-2012 at 11:37 AM.

90 cents!!!! I would be more than happy with that.Buying today at 68cents return would be 32% PLUS divies.At 69cents it would be 30% plus divies.At 70 cents it would be 28.5% plus divies.
    Hold.No way,it is a RAGEING BUY.
    Brilliant, Percy. Unfortunately I cannot buy. Already I hold too many. But I cannot fault your logic.

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=janner;387893

Think it maybe a while before any decent upward movent is seen .. Every one has already positioned themselves..[/QUOTE]

From my post 822.

mouse. Your comment that you have enough at present goes to back up my post.
    Others are talking about resistance @ .70c
    It is not resistance .. It is prudence or empty pockets, to spend any more on HNZ than they already have ...

Looking forward to the Feb figures..

You can have to much of a good thing they say..

Dividends. It seems to me that the minimum dividend is 1 cent interim, 1.5 cents final. They have to pay 3 cents annually to get real support for the shares. A 4 cent dividend seems impossible to me. Any ideas?
    Happy New Year.