sharetrader
Page 819 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 3197197698098158168178188198208218228238298699191319 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 17211

Yeah, I guess but I was just thinking of it being a nice compulsory savings plan. I'm hoping Kupe will run out mid 2030s rather than in 2027. I also hope for $100 US a barrel oil. I hope for lots of things.

Anyway, back to HBL

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yield seems to mean nothing at the moment. Genesis has a 10.5% gross yield and yet it has dropped quite a bit over the last few days. Incredible how people were so keen to pile into finance companies all those years ago for a lot less return than they would get with some boring old (and I hope safer) utility/infrastructure stocks today.

Wish Genesis had a DRP like HBL.
    GNE could not have a DRP it simply wouldn't work, as others have explained.

However I wish ARV could have a DRP, especially once they get to greenfield development and things go from exciting to ultra exciting!

Anyway, back to HBL, great fundamentals remain intact (some even saying GDP of 4% or something??)... Australian Financials haven't been doing anywhere near as badly as HBL has been doing, and HBL has much better fundamentals (great interest margin for a start!)

Still great value and in 2 or 3 years (months?) time we could possibly all be looking back laughing how cheap $1.4x was (like it was when it dipped to $1.1x for that very short time during that brexit thingy)

(Dairy prices down 4% and NZX is down something like 4% since the high's earlier this month which probably doesn't help)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yeah, I guess but I was just thinking of it being a nice compulsory savings plan. I'm hoping Kupe will run out mid 2030s rather than in 2027. I also hope for $100 US a barrel oil. I hope for lots of things.

Anyway, back to HBL
    No living in hope with HBL,just increasing eps, which will fund growing dividends.

Looks like only about 22% of the divi went to the DRP
    SCOTTY

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    I thought this was quite high... especially given the impressive share price run last quarter (best performer on the NZX?)

Anyone remember the historical rates?

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post

Must be many in Heartland for no other reason then for the cash dividend
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Anyway, back to HBL, great fundamentals remain intact (some even saying GDP of 4% or something??)... Australian Financials haven't been doing anywhere near as badly as HBL has been doing, and HBL has much better fundamentals (great interest margin for a start!)

Still great value and in 2 or 3 years (months?) time we could possibly all be looking back laughing how cheap $1.4x was (like it was when it dipped to $1.1x for that very short time during that brexit thingy)
    With the NZX 50 index dropping like a lead balloon (down nearly 1%), HBL bucking the trend and now back at $1.50 just like that! (panic sellers finished?) Makes me thing Mr Market is searching for the best of both worlds: Yield + Growth in these 'volatile' and 'challenging' times

percy

I joined the wife in not taking DRP this time.
    Our dividends are in the bank.
    Thank you and well done Heartland Bank.

I decided to go for the DRP this year Percy. At the current SP of $1.50 and a strike price of $!.476 I'm up an extra $3000 already. It's always a bit of a lottery as to how it will go but a happy investor here. I owe you a big thank you too. It was your enthusiasm for HBL that got me investing in the company at 63c back in 2012 and it's been a great ride since then. If I ever get to one of your ST meetings in Chch I'll buy you a beer - or even two!

Merci beaucoup
    Pierre

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I decided to go for the DRP this year Percy. At the current SP of $1.50 and a strike price of $!.476 I'm up an extra $3000 already. It's always a bit of a lottery as to how it will go but a happy investor here. I owe you a big thank you too. It was your enthusiasm for HBL that got me investing in the company at 63c back in 2012 and it's been a great ride since then. If I ever get to one of your ST meetings in Chch I'll buy you a beer - or even two!

Merci beaucoup
    Pierre
    Percy would thank for Perrier :-))