sharetrader
Page 82 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586921321825821082 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Dividends. It seems to me that the minimum dividend is 1 cent interim, 1.5 cents final. They have to pay 3 cents annually to get real support for the shares. A 4 cent dividend seems impossible to me. Any ideas?
    Happy New Year.
    I think it would pay to wait until Feb when the interim result is announced,then we will have a better idea of how they are trading,and will know if, and how much they are paying in the way of interim dividend.Only a few weeks away.
    It was not long ago that posters on this thread we saying we would not see a dividend, or a banking licence for sometime.!!!
    Last edited by percy; 01-01-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think it would pay to wait until Feb when the interim result is announced,then we will have a better idea of how they are trading,and will know if, and how much they are paying in the way of interim dividend.Only a few weeks away.
    It was not long ago that posters on this thread we saying we would not see a dividend, or a banking licence for sometime.!!!
    Heartland has to pay at least a 1 cent interim dividend to hold the price of its shares, and maybe to nudge the price up a little. Less than one cent is not acceptable.

There seems to be an orderly distribution and accumulation of shares at the .69c level,very healthy I think,been going on for a while now.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Concur Kizame - looks to me that those playing the short-term game while HNZ was 'created' are now exiting while those looking at longer term horizons are steadily accumulating (wonder if the cullen fund or ACC are?)

Today's lack of interest (down 1c to 68c) is probably about the shocking weather in the South Island.
    The sun is shining again here in ChCh so I expect SP to move up to 69cents,however could drop down again if it clouds over again.
    Have not seen any institutions buying [yet].Thought we may have seen them once bank licence was granted.
    Last edited by percy; 03-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.

I sort of think that maybe the instos will let the market cool down a bit in the new year,just to see where prices head in the short term,after such a good year.

A friend phoned today. Kiwi bank has, or will on Monday, close his account. He was, very foolishly as it happened, demanding that Kiwi Bank did what its adverts said it did. A new bank is needed. I suggested Heartland. Sydenham.
    Alas, the branch is no longer there. A victim of Progress. Gone. So I looked on the Heartland website. To find the branches. In the South Island.......
    Which consist of, Rangiora, Ashburton and Riccarton. Our total number of South Island Branches.
    My mate appreciated the information, and is still without a bank. He did say that the TAB is a good option, with branches everywhere.

percy

A friend phoned today. Kiwi bank has, or will on Monday, close his account. He was, very foolishly as it happened, demanding that Kiwi Bank did what its adverts said it did. A new bank is needed. I suggested Heartland. Sydenham.
    Alas, the branch is no longer there. A victim of Progress. Gone. So I looked on the Heartland website. To find the branches. In the South Island.......
    Which consist of, Rangiora, Ashburton and Riccarton. Our total number of South Island Branches.
    My mate appreciated the information, and is still without a bank. He did say that the TAB is a good option, with branches everywhere.
    Get your friend to go to Barrington Mall;Westpac,ASB,BNZ,Kiwi Bank and TAB.The butcher shop sells great Porter house steak too.

Percy, Kiwi Bank is closing his account.
    TAB is a good bet, but weak on overdrafts maybe.
    Westpac, ASB, BNZ are all overseas owned. In Christchurch, as you know, we have just seen Ansvar the insurance company go broke in NZ. It is still solvent overseas, but is not fully paying their claims in NZ. Plus have closed down now in NZ. So he would prefer a New Zealand owned bank. But not go to Rangiora to deposit cash!

I used to buy meat at Cross Bros, then the young chap, James, took it to Spotlight. His wife then told him to move from Christchurch due to quakes. She wasnt staying. So he went. Pack and Save is now it.
    Last edited by mouse; 04-01-2013 at 08:25 PM.

percy

Percy, Kiwi Bank is closing his account.
    TAB is a good bet, but weak on overdrafts maybe.
    Westpac, ASB, BNZ are all overseas owned. In Christchurch, as you know, we have just seen Ansvar the insurance company go broke in NZ. It is still solvent overseas, but is not fully paying their claims in NZ. Plus have closed down now in NZ. So he would prefer a New Zealand owned bank. But not go to Rangiora to deposit cash!

I used to buy meat at Cross Bros, then the young chap, James, took it to Spotlight. His wife then told him to move from Christchurch due to quakes. She wasnt staying. So he went. Pack and Save is now it.
    If he has a "Gold Card" he will enjoy the journey to HNZ Riccarton.Once a/c is open he can use phone banking/or internet.Cash ????
    Try the Barrington butcher for steaks.Even Bill Cross would be proud of them.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    If he has a "Gold Card" he will enjoy the journey to HNZ Riccarton.Once a/c is open he can use phone banking/or internet.Cash ????
    Try the Barrington butcher for steaks.Even Bill Cross would be proud of them.
    No, No, Percy. He is a very strange, and dying breed. He actually works for a living. No Gold Card, but he would like a few South Island Branches with a couple in Christchurch. It seems amazing that such a bank, except Kiwi Bank and SBS, does not exist. Kiwi Bank is cancelling his account!