sharetrader
Page 821 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3217217718118178188198208218228238248258318719211321 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,210 of 17397

The quarterly KPMG review of NZ bank's performance out

For those who love to salivate over how good our finance company (bank in drag) is here it is to have a look through

https://home.kpmg.com/content/dam/kp...ly-kpmg-nz.pdf

Mind you the 65 basis points drop in interest margin over 6 months looks a bit ugly - must be a mistake, as they say don't believe everything you read on he internet
    Last edited by winner69; 12-10-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mind you the 65 basis points drop in interest margin over 6 months looks a bit ugly - must be a mistake, as they say don't believe everything you read on he internet
    Yes could be a mistake
    Still nearly double the next highest, also higher than 12 months ago, when most are lower - this is extremly impressive given a backdrop of OCR cuts, imagine how great this could be when interest rates start rising again?

I look forward to those impaired assets, mostly related to dairy, improving dramatically this coming next year
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 12-10-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Yes could be a mistake
    Still nearly double the next highest, also higher than 12 months ago, when most are lower - this is extremly impressive given a backdrop of OCR cuts, imagine how great this could be when interest rates start rising again?

I look forward to those impaired assets, mostly related to dairy, improving dramatically this coming next year
    You been sucked in by the hype there trader with those high interest margins

Not really comparable to the other real banks - you would expect a finance company to have a higher margin

But warm fuzzies go a long way

Heartland use the words digital and seamless a lot in this modern ever changing world

Good they use a (dodgy?) P2P platform for consumer loans and a little black box can approve business loans in a few minutes without human intervention .........but if one wants to put some cash on term deposit you need to ring and talk to a real person .....hmmmm
    And then the nice guy at Heartland says that internet banking doesn't work that well on mobile devices - best to use a desktop he says

Hmmm

Advanced Member

Yes....after some time of stuffing around I found that neither of my Apple things would work.
    An Android thing would work....however I have to make a special setting each time.....can't exactly recall what as I have largely given up on it while shore bound. They did say they were addressing it...and would let me know when.

Pain in the A !

And then the nice guy at Heartland says that internet banking doesn't work that well on mobile devices - best to use a desktop he says

Hmmm

percy

For those who love to salivate over how good our finance company (bank in drag) is here it is to have a look through

https://home.kpmg.com/content/dam/kp...ly-kpmg-nz.pdf

Thanks for the link.
    Yes always makes for good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes....after some time of stuffing around I found that neither of my Apple things would work.
    An Android thing would work....however I have to make a special setting each time.....can't exactly recall what as I have largely given up on it while shore bound. They did say they were addressing it...and would let me know when.

Pain in the A !
    Maybe that shareholder at the last ASM who commented on Board diversity (especially in the context of modern thinking and technology things) by saying 'just look at you all, a row of old fuddy duddies' had a point

Possibly none of them of heard of Android anyway

Missed the opportunity of not appointing somebody like Raz's recommendation recently
    Last edited by winner69; 12-10-2016 at 01:29 PM.

percy

Hmmm
    They will need to get this sorted very quickly.
    It is the way the world is moving.

percy

May pay to read the footnote on page 17.

Looks to me as though all the banks are in good shape.
    Last edited by percy; 12-10-2016 at 04:10 PM.

From my mate Cam

@ANZ_cambagrie: ANZ consumer confidence lifted in Oct to highest since mid-2015, driven by optimism about the economic outlook. https://t.co/JlMGukSRBJ

Wow - consumer confidence high + economy booming = punters borrow more = good for Heartland share price

How can a fantastically managed finance company strategically targeting niche markets not do well in this environment.