sharetrader
Page 826 of 1731 FirstFirst ... 3267267768168228238248258268278288298308368769261326 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 17302
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Well, looks like Dairy farmers will be increasingly "well positioned"... you'd like to think HBL would jump as well with this great news
    Just checking HBL's and ANZ's charts I notice HBL had a golden cross in early July,while ANZ's was mid October.
    ANZ offcourse have the largest exposure to Dairying,while HBL has very little.Maybe the market is realising this?
    For any one who does not know a golden cross.It is regarded as a strong buy signal.It occurs when a short term moving average moves ahead of a long term moving average.I use the 100 day EMA and the 200 day EMA.
    No further talk about UDC.
    I am now looking forward to HBL's agm on Tuesday afternoon 22nd November at Rydes,Latimer Square,ChCh,where they will update us on where they are, and where they are heading.
    Last edited by percy; 02-11-2016 at 08:49 AM.

The dairy recovery is very good news for shareholders and for other banks and the economy in general, a very pleasing auction result. I hope future auction prices keep heading upwards.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep - HBL needs all the help it can get to keep the inflated share price up

This'll help
    Inflated? You've been saying all year the share price should be around $1.60

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Inflated? You've been saying all year the share price should be around $1.60
    Inflated on fundamentals - sentiment another thing

HBL might even become hyper-inflated ....that be good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Inflated on fundamentals - sentiment another thing

HBL might even become hyper-inflated ....that be good
    Why do you think HBL is fundamentally inflated? Forward PE of 12.4 combined with a CAGR of 10% does not look too shabby to me ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Why do you think HBL is fundamentally inflated? Forward PE of 12.4 combined with a CAGR of 10% does not look too shabby to me ...
    Not forgetting the fully imputed yield of 5.7%.
    SCOTTY

Some guy called Andrew posted this as a comment after a article on interest.co.nz

up1
    I was talking with my bank manager yesterday, very gloomy about all farm sectors for this year. Going to be a very difficult one to get through.

Milk prices up but production is down 9% and then this morning on the radio heard beef farmers finding it tough now.

No worries though - Heartland exposure to rural not significant

Some guy called Andrew posted this as a comment after a article on interest.co.nz

up1
    I was talking with my bank manager yesterday, very gloomy about all farm sectors for this year. Going to be a very difficult one to get through.

Milk prices up but production is down 9% and then this morning on the radio heard beef farmers finding it tough now.

No worries though - Heartland exposure to rural not significant
    Hmm - our parrot knows a little bird lady and told me that her owner claims that his girl friend knows an agricultural expert who says that this season will be just amazing. Just kidding.

What however is true is that we are sitting in the middle of the Canterbury plains, and I need to think some years back to remember a season with that much spring growth. Must be good for all sorts of produce - and obviously for grass. This in combination with an improved milk price can be only good for farmers.

Obviously - you recognise a good year in agriculture at the level of farmers complaints. The more energy they have left to put into complaining, the better things are. I am sure HBL's 7% dairy exposure is likely to flourish
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

I drove down to Wanaka last week.On the way I saw Rooney's massive Rangitata dams were full.
    From ChCh to Wanaka the farms were in great shape.
    I also recently attended a PGW presentation.Yes irrigation sales are slow,meat/beef doing well,and horticulture is going gang busters.Steady retail sales.
    Always in the rural sector someone is struggling,while others are doing well.It is usually the ones doing well who want to borrow money to expand,so I see it as business as usual for Heartland.
    At Ebos's agm chairman, Mark Waller, spoke about how stable governments in NZ, Clark/Key, had made it possible for NZ to catch up with Australia,whose economy has suffered so much, with so many Prime Ministers.This stability in NZ is set to continue for some time,which means Heartland Bank will continue to flourish.
    Last edited by percy; 03-11-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Hey Paper Tiger

Did you notice that a few more free bonus shares were issued today

Don't get grumpy now