sharetrader
Page 837 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 3377377878278338348358368378388398408418478879371337 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 17211

Some of the chatter on here seems to assume the money raised is related to capital ratios and lending opportunities. While maintaining the ratios is probably part of the equation the announcement told you exactly what the money raised will be used for:

This growth has also been driven by Heartland’s investment in, and alignment of, resources to support digital origination across the wider business, and the increasing use of data analytics to more precisely target our customers. Those factors have opened up real opportunities for Heartland to further differentiate itself from its competitors.
    The technology needed to run a bank in a digital world is expensive and requires constant refinement. Heartland are wise to invest is the technology -- otherwise they will be left behind. In particular because they will always have limited brick and mortar presence it is good to see they are investing in their technological presence.

Analytics (data science, examining trends, patterns, finding the most lucrative loans, customers, etc.) is a discipline in real growth mode -- again it is wise for Heartland to be investing in their capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Some of the chatter on here seems to assume the money raised is related to capital ratios and lending opportunities. While maintaining the ratios is probably part of the equation the announcement told you exactly what the money raised will be used for:

The technology needed to run a bank in a digital world is expensive and requires constant refinement. Heartland are wise to invest is the technology -- otherwise they will be left behind. In particular because they will always have limited brick and mortar presence it is good to see they are investing in their technological presence.

Analytics (data science, examining trends, patterns, finding the most lucrative loans, customers, etc.) is a discipline in real growth mode -- again it is wise for Heartland to be investing in their capability.
    Hope they work out how let a customer do some straight forward banking transactions on a mobile device without any hassles
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

A raising for all the right reasons...and the market response so far reflects that.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope they work out how let a customer do some straight forward banking transactions on a mobile device without any hassles
    Totally agree. My dealings with them as a customer have been a bit clunky for sure. A good customer experience (yes, mobile included) is essential.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Not too Flash View Post
    With over 10,000 shareholders $10m means only $1,000 each if all subscribe. The $15,000 maximum will be well watered down for the loyal shareholders....
    Serious questions: I don't understand why they needed to do an institutional placement as they could easily have filled the $30m via existing shareholders by way of SPP. They are still going through the time and expense of a SPP.

Is it just kickbacks to the broking community or is there a 'proper' reason to do so. [This question applies to most SPP which are normally heavily scaled]

Veteran novice

I'm always a bit sceptical about the phrase "loyal shareholders". Don't we (practically) all invest for our own benefit - and remain "loyal" to a company only so long as it performs for us?

IMO

Yeah, i own a chunk of this Company and they work very well FOR me; loyalty rhymes with royalty (divvys) Heheh

Guru

Great NBR article (although behind a paywall), mentioned that they wanted to get more institutional holders throughout NZ and Australia (those with deeper pockets for when HBL has a game changing acquisition?) and also made a good comparison to ATM where they made a $43m placement, but only 'gave' $3m via SPP.... Good to see HBL rewarding their loyal, and increasing retail shareholder base (like myself) .

The most interesting comment for me was this:
    “The size of the equity raise is reasonably modest with it being a total of up to $30 million. There may be some shareholders who would like to participate at a higher level and, hopefully, if the growth continues, there may be the opportunity for them to do that in the future.”

Draw your own conclusions from Ms Byrne's comments

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'm always a bit sceptical about the phrase "loyal shareholders". Don't we (practically) all invest for our own benefit - and remain "loyal" to a company only so long as it performs for us?
    Every person has their price?

Is loyalty with investing when an investor takes a longer-term view and is prepared to make a commitment and hold through any short-term oscillations? Or, When an investor was in from the early days, preparing to take a risk in order to allow a business to develop, whilst others waited to see if success actually was forthcoming?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Great NBR article (although behind a paywall), mentioned that they wanted to get more institutional holders throughout NZ and Australia (those with deeper pockets for when HBL has a game changing acquisition?) and also made a good comparison to ATM where they made a $43m placement, but only 'gave' $3m via SPP.... Good to see HBL rewarding their loyal, and increasing retail shareholder base (like myself) ...
    It's good for them to increase the depth of the shareholder base in NZ and Oz. As well, I am all for efforts to make NZ into more of a shareholding democracy where as wide a cross-section of people as possible own a stake in NZ-based companies.