sharetrader
Page 839 of 1735 FirstFirst ... 3397397898298358368378388398408418428438498899391339 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 17343
    percy

Nice seeing "our Gregory" topping up his holding, by $2mil, in the recent placement.
    He now holds 49,585,119 shares.

Advanced Member

Follow the money. :-))

percy

Looks as though Heartland Bank attracted the Aussie director they wanted.
    Welcome to Ellie Comerford,whose CV looks impeccable.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Looks as though Heartland Bank attracted the Aussie director they wanted.
    Welcome to Ellie Comerford,whose CV looks impeccable.
    Agree Percy. Looks like a good strong addition to the board and I am sure our mate winner69 will be particularly pleased to see this from the announcement :

" Ellie is committed to promoting diversity, in particular gender diversity,
    and is a member of Chief Executive Women, an Australian organisation focused
    on increasing women's representation in senior leadership. Under her
    leadership, Genworth received a citation as WGEA's 2015 Employer of Choice
    for gender equality. "

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up There should be a Tiger on the board as well

So we have acquired two female directors in the last few months. I think that this is a good thing.

But have we managed to get rid of any of the men ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    So we have acquired two female directors in the last few months. I think that this is a good thing.

But have we managed to get rid of any of the men ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    No, no

Maybe a tigress but never a tiger
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Agree Percy. Looks like a good strong addition to the board and I am sure our mate winner69 will be particularly pleased to see this from the announcement :

" Ellie is committed to promoting diversity, in particular gender diversity,
    and is a member of Chief Executive Women, an Australian organisation focused
    on increasing women's representation in senior leadership. Under her
    leadership, Genworth received a citation as WGEA's 2015 Employer of Choice
    for gender equality. "
    Got to be happy with that eh Winner.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Got to be happy with that eh Winner.
    Its a start

Diversity goes beyond gender

Diversity of thinking is what it's about - ethnicity has a large part to play .....and that page in Maori doesn't cover for shortcomings

Just as important is a younger generation presence / mindset - pictures in Our People on the website don't give this a tick.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I don't understand the relevance / benefit of board members specific type of genetalia. Why is it good to have women on the board, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    I don't understand the relevance / benefit of board members specific type of genetalia. Why is it good to have women on the board, specifically?
    Because the differences between men and women go an awful lot deeper and wider than the differences in their genitalia.

Women think and feel differently, and experience the world in a way that is different from the way that men experience it. When men had all the social and economic power, made all the decisions, and controlled (or tried to control) almost every aspect of life, women's experience could safely be ignored. But over the last hundred or so years, women have gained increasing independence and now control their own lives to a degree that my grandmother would never have dreamed of. They control more than half of consumer spending, and form a huge and growing proportion of the workforce. Their influence in senior management continues to increase.

Even the "most able" women in senior management and governance have different perspectives from the men around them, and since they are "more like" nearly half the workforce, more than half the consumers, and an increasing proportion of the senior management than the men around them, their perspective and approach is essential.

And don't get me started on the importance of ethnic and cultural diversity!