sharetrader
Page 840 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 3407407908308368378388398408418428438448508909401340 ... LastLast
Results 8,391 to 8,400 of 17211

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    I don't understand the relevance / benefit of board members specific type of genetalia. Why is it good to have women on the board, specifically?
    You must be kidding - are you? I guess your question is as sensible as asking why is it good to have men on the board, specifically? Must be some reason given that there are that many - oh right, its men picking others like them.

And this is the problem - nothing special about women, but in case you haven't noticed yet - there are differences (beyond the genitalia). Different approaches to problem solving, different key strengths. And this is the key - higher diversity on a company board makes the company more successful. Different view points help to better analyse and solve problems, rather than having everybody looking from the same angle and coming up with the same old remedies.

https://www.2020wob.com/learn/why-ge...ersity-matters

http://www.catalyst.org/media/compan...cording-latest
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post

And don't get me started on the importance of ethnic and cultural diversity!
    Go on, don't hold back

These are areas where Heartland need to improve

A condescending page in Maori twice a year in reports don't cut it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

"Skin in the game" is the most attribute I look at first when I look at a company's directors.
    The "owner's eye" means the business will be well directed.
    ALF,EBO,GXH,HLG,MFT,FRE,MHI,RYM,SKL,TNR come to mind..
    Diversity is important,but "skin in the game" comes first for me,and the directors of HBL have a lot of it on the line.
    I look forward to the latest two directors buying shares in HBL.
    Last edited by percy; 24-12-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Agree with Percy on this one. Nothing to motivate directors and management more than a decent amount of skin in the game. My view on the diversity thing is that first and foremost Directors must have vast experience and very high level's of business acumen and governance ability, diversity is a secondary consideration to that and appointments should be made based primarily on merit.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

A headline about Heartland in the local throwaway Selwyn & Ashburton Outlook;

"Bank to ditch Ashburton's teller service."

The local stalwarts of CBS Canterbury whose deposits were used as ammunition to defend MARAC's dodgy lending are now to be cast aside.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

percy

Yes and at the same time improving digital products, and online deliveries of those products.In a rapidly changing banking industry HBL are at the forefront,driven by customer demand.
    And yes CSB shareholders have certainly benefitted by having shares in NZ's only listed bank.
    Last edited by percy; 24-12-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "Skin in the game" is the most attribute I look at first when I look at a company's directors.
    The "owner's eye" means the business will be well directed.
    ALF,EBO,GXH,HLG,MFT,FRE,MHI,RYM,SKL,TNR come to mind..
    Diversity is important,but "skin in the game" comes first for me,and the directors of HBL have a lot of it on the line.
    I look forward to the latest two directors buying shares in HBL.
    You forgot PIL

Overnight GDT auction sees a 'surprising' drop in prices

Whole Milk Powder down a whopping 7.7% - on top of a fall in auction just before Christmas

Will the correlation between dairy prices and HBL share price continue?

Maybe a few dairy farmers dialling in from the quad bike as they check on the herd today to instantly restructure their loans. Amazing thing this digit technology .......except if one wants to do a simple banking transaction on ones mobile device.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Overnight GDT auction sees a 'surprising' drop in prices

Whole Milk Powder down a whopping 7.7% - on top of a fall in auction just before Christmas

Will the correlation between dairy prices and HBL share price continue?

Maybe a few dairy farmers dialling in from the quad bike as they check on the herd today to instantly restructure their loans. Amazing thing this digit technology .......except if one wants to do a simple banking transaction on ones mobile device.
    Funny thing about the correlation between dairy prices and HBL's share price.
    Anyone following charts,volumes,market sentiment,Sharetrader noise levels,and the moon cycles, could convince themselves they have read the market correctly.
    While those who know the fundamentals,ie HBL have an insignificant exposure to dairying, could be said to have been wrong in the short term,but correct in the long term.
    I remain in the second group,happy in backing my own research.It really works.!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Funny thing about the correlation between dairy prices and HBL's share price.
    Anyone following charts,volumes,market sentiment,Sharetrader noise levels,and the moon cycles, could convince themselves they have read the market correctly.
    While those who know the fundamentals,ie HBL have an insignificant exposure to dairying, could be said to have been wrong in the short term,but correct in the long term.
    I remain in the second group,happy in backing my own research.It really works.!
    You and me both perc...

My biggest worry with HBL... ???

Where do I get the money from for their next issue.. ???