sharetrader
Page 841 of 1731 FirstFirst ... 3417417918318378388398408418428438448458518919411341 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,410 of 17301
    Advanced Member

Toast and cat food for another few months...

I hope my Great Grand children will appreciate my suffering ..

Yeah Right :-))))

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Toast and cat food for another few months...

I hope my Great Grand children will appreciate my suffering ..

Yeah Right :-))))
    We need to change our attitudes.
    We need to aim to die broke.!
    My daughters are doing their best to make that happen.!!!...lol.
    Would not worry too much about the next issue.Another one of those oversubscribed SPP deals,which depending on terms ,and funds I may leave.
    Only positive is it raises the nta.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Overnight GDT auction sees a 'surprising' drop in prices

Whole Milk Powder down a whopping 7.7% - on top of a fall in auction just before Christmas

Will the correlation between dairy prices and HBL share price continue?

Maybe a few dairy farmers dialling in from the quad bike as they check on the herd today to instantly restructure their loans. Amazing thing this digit technology .......except if one wants to do a simple banking transaction on ones mobile device.
    Your previous charts overlaying SP against dairy prices have shown a surprisingly strong correlation given this sector only accounts for 8% of their lending. This most recent decline isn't itself a concern but if its the start of a new trend down than that would be a worry. The SP chart doesn't make a convincing case for investment right at the minute but I have it on my watchlist. They will face increasing competition for deposit money this year but seem to have embarked on a curious strategy of blowing the other banks out of the water with their call account interest rates. This will win them many fair weather depositor friends what happens to that mountain of call account money if there's a GFC MK2 ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-01-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Your previous charts overlaying SP against dairy prices have shown a surprising strong correlation given this sector only accounts for 8% of their lending. This most recent decline isn't itself a concern but if its the start of a new trend down than that would be a worry. The SP chart doesn't make a convincing case for investment right at the minute but I have it on my watchlist. They will face increasing competition for deposit money this year but seem to have embarked on a curious strategy of blowing the other banks out of the water with their call account interest rates. This will win them many fair weather depositor friends what happens to that mountain of call account money if there's a GFC MK2 ?
    Come on Roger put one and one together.!
    Clues,SPP and bond issue.??

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Come on Roger put one and one together.!
    Clues,SPP and bond issue.??
    Could get 1000 shares in my name, the wife's name, our joint names, each of the dog's names, joint dog's name, the granddaughters name, her cats name, my company name, our family trust name and then apply for maximum cheap shares for each in the SPP to get a discount Is that the hint you're giving me mate (lot of paperwork required is it worth it ????????)
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-01-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Could get 1000 shares in my name, the wife's name, our joint names, each of the dog's names, joint dog's name, the granddaughters name, her cats name, my company name, our family trust name and then apply for maximum cheap shares for each in the SPP to get a discount Is that the hint you're giving me mate (lot of paperwork required is it worth it ????????)
    Some would say it is worth it.
    I would not bother,as I hate sending off say $15,000 for me and $15,000 for the wife only to get $3,000 worth each.So sending off $90,000 to receive $18,000 worth of shares is absurb to me.Better to wait for a low dairy/milk auction?>!! ..lol.
    No I was meaning Heartland Bank have been very astute with their funding since listing,so the high call rate would be for a reason/s.You just have to think what those reasons are.
    Last edited by percy; 04-01-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Some would say it is worth it.
    I would not bother,as I hate sending off say $15,000 for me and $15,000 for the wife only to get $3,000 worth each.So sending off $90,000 to receive $18,000 worth of shares is absurb to me.Better to wait for a low dairy/milk auction?>!! ..lol.
    No I was meaning Heartland Bank have been very astute with their funding since listing,so the high call rate would be for a reason/s.You just have to think what those reasons are.
    Fair enough mate. Agree...far too much paperwork especially at this time of year !

percy once said that HBL shareprice possibly indicates what might happen to WMP prices. No doubt said in jest but he may be right

HBL has been down trending for a couple of months (since the 160 in October) ..... and now WMP prices are trending down (even with a declining NZD helping out)

Anyway probably all this is just interesting aside but then something really stupid like what's happening to dairy prices affects the overall sentiment of the market - and any company whose name suggests they are in to rural stuff is affected.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    percy once said that HBL shareprice possibly indicates what might happen to WMP prices. No doubt said in jest but he may be right

HBL has been down trending for a couple of months (since the 160 in October) ..... and now WMP prices are trending down (even with a declining NZD helping out)

Anyway probably all this is just interesting aside but then something really stupid like what's happening to dairy prices affects the overall sentiment of the market - and any company whose name suggests they are in to rural stuff is affected.
    Well I look forward to one of your charts showing dairy prices affecting the NZ $.
    Then we can prove HBL's share price is the best indicator of where the NZ $ is going.!!! Every thing follows HBL.lol.
    As Sir Michael Caine would say;"not a lot of people know that,"
    Last edited by percy; 04-01-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Well I look forward to one of your charts showing dairy prices affecting the NZ $.
    Then we can prove HBL's share price is the best indicator of where the NZ $ is going.!!! Every thing follows HBL.lol.
    As Sir Michael Caine would say;"not a lot of people know that,"
    No point in doing that percy - only a modest correlation between dairy prices and NZD:USD cross.

What surprises most people is that there is no correlation between dairy prices and GDP growth (actually slightly negative)

What happens to dairy prices (ie farm incomes) doesn't really impact the economy ...... but spookily seems to impact the HBL share price
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”