sharetrader
Page 844 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3447447948348408418428438448458468478488548949441344 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,440 of 17395
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I wonder how HNA will grow the UDC business? When ANZ owned UDC, you could always walk into an ANZ bank branch to gain information. But HNA has no footprint in NZ that I know of.

SNOOPY
    Maybe they could buy Kiwi Bank and do it through that branch network.?..
    From what posters say no body would mind or care if they did .!??????????
    I think Kiwis would snuggle up to Panda Bear Bank.
    Last edited by percy; 11-01-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I wonder how HNA will grow the UDC business? When ANZ owned UDC, you could always walk into an ANZ bank branch to gain information. But HNA has no footprint in NZ that I know of.

SNOOPY
    Dunno mate. Can't partner up with ANZ that's for sure...or maybe they can, perhaps that's part of the deal ?...or maybe they go bark up a different bank affiliation tree ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Dunno mate. Can't partner up with ANZ that's for sure...or maybe they can, perhaps that's part of the deal ?...or maybe they go bark up a different bank affiliation tree ?
    Merge,takeover Heartland?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Merge,takeover Heartland?
    LOL I love your enthusiasm mate
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It's amazing how long this share has been stuck between $1.47 and $1.55. Even when the nzx got smashed in Q4 it was stable, EXCEPT when Donald trump won the election and it dropped down to $1.34 for that one afternoon!!! God that day would of been amazing buying. Instant return on investment the next day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Looks like 11.1 times 2016 NPAT from numbers on ANZ fact sheet
    I did some digging and find it interesting that low PE number considering UDC's profit had grown 13% in 2013, 20% in 2014, 11% in 2015 and 3% in 2016. Average growth rate 11.75% not dissimilar to Heartland is it mate ?

percy

Bit like buying a car.
    Those without an engine come a little cheaper.
    No network,not a goer.
    What you can quarantee is the ANZ will want to distance themselves from it.
    Gone and soon forgotten.
    Last edited by percy; 11-01-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Guru

UDC switched from being owned by one foreign company to another even more foreign company....Situation normal snafu. Presumably they think it will provide a return. Probably not the end of the World for them if it slowly winds down -worth a gamble for them, maybe HBL will get it cheaper in a few years time?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 11-01-2017 at 06:10 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    UDC switched from being owned by one foreign company to another even more foreign company....Situation normal snafu. Presumably they think it will provide a return. Probably not the end of the World for them if it slowly winds down -worth a gamble for them, maybe HBL will get it cheaper in a few years time?
    I think HBL will be looking forward to a Boxing Day half price sale.!

Veteran novice

Getting a bit away from HBL here but the Chinese group is a big conglomerate - check out their airline and tourism interests - with an operation in Sydney. Perhaps it signals a desire to expand its finance business in this part of the world? if so, HBL shareholders may get that takeover offer!