sharetrader
Page 845 of 1733 FirstFirst ... 3457457958358418428438448458468478488498558959451345 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,450 of 17322
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Getting a bit away from HBL here but the Chinese group is a big conglomerate - check out their airline and tourism interests - with an operation in Sydney. Perhaps it signals a desire to expand its finance business in this part of the world? if so, HBL shareholders may get that takeover offer!
    Would be a perfect fit.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    It's amazing how long this share has been stuck between $1.47 and $1.55. Even when the nzx got smashed in Q4 it was stable, EXCEPT when Donald trump won the election and it dropped down to $1.34 for that one afternoon!!! God that day would of been amazing buying. Instant return on investment the next day lol.
    Not the first time. I just looked up my holding. Since start of financial year 1 April 2015 it has had a capital gain of 23% and dividends of 9.3%. Nothing to be sneezed at !!

percy

According to Yahoo, HBL has shown the following returns,which do not include dividends.
    1 year 16.15%
    2 year 34.82%
    5 year 221.28%

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    According to Yahoo, HBL has shown the following returns,which do not include dividends.
    1 year 16.15%
    2 year 34.82%
    5 year 221.28%
    NZX says 23% for last 52 weeks https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/HBL

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    Whatever the motivation(s) underlying the quest for a banking licence, I think the outcome - either way - will have a big impact on the fortunes of HNZ. The more so if it comes sooner, not later.
    I suppose the NTA is reassuring, hadn't really thought about it. Until HNZ puts decent and sustained profits together and pays solid dividends the NTA has an academic quality? HNZ is trading at 0.55 times NTA. With decent profits and dividends, or increasing promise of same, the HNZ price will move towards the 1.8 times NTA of ANZ and the 2.0 times NTA of WBC. Getting there will take much more time than Mainland cheese, and a few more old boys on the Mainland commercials will have popped their clogs along the way, but loyal HNZ holders will wallow in good port and vintage tasty.
    Interesting how some posters have very good foresight.
    Was posted nearly 5 years ago,on18-02-2012

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    One is right I hope?
    I was really looking at the 5 year return.
    Just using the calculator to work out what my holding will be worth in 5 years time, should history be repeated.
    Very handsome.!!..lol.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face No room for doubt

Capital only and Capital + Dividend(*) returns for HBL (formerly HNZ) for the yearly periods to 11-Jan.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

(*) Cap&Div prices are dividend adjusted prices using the definitive Tiger Method.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    One is right I hope?
    I was really looking at the 5 year return.
    Just using the calculator to work out what my holding will be worth in 5 years time, should history be repeated.
    Very handsome.!!..lol.
    Did you include the DRP in your calculations ?????

Advanced Member

Are we all counting chickens before they hatch ???

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Capital only and Capital + Dividend(*) returns for HBL (formerly HNZ) for the yearly periods to 11-Jan.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

(*) Cap&Div prices are dividend adjusted prices using the definitive Tiger Method.
    Thanks Paper Tiger,
    "Stripe on".
    What a fantastic record.
    No wonder Janner,Iceman you,and I are extremely happy investors.
    And yet we still remain "well positioned." while the knockers have big wounds to lick.!, I quess hounds are used to doing that.!!!.lol.
    Last edited by percy; 12-01-2017 at 07:36 AM.