sharetrader
Page 854 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3547548048448508518528538548558568578588649049541354 ... LastLast
Results 8,531 to 8,540 of 17397

http://www.interest.co.nz/news/85459...ns-creditwatch

UDC to be sub investment grade later this year ?

I think UDC are going to have a real job in front of them to retain debenture funding support from investors with a sub investment grade credit rating. If this happens I would see this development as a real positive for HBL with the likelihood they'll enjoy a significantly enhanced competitive position against the new UDC under Chinese control.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-01-2017 at 07:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Yes HBL are certainly "well positioned."
    Sorry I can not post the link but Brian Gaynor had a lot to say about the demise of UDC, in The Hearald.
    Unlike you, he did not join the dots.!!...>>lol.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11789973 There you go folks that's what Bryan Gaynor had to say yesterday.

Thanks for your post above with EPS number comparisons Percy, good stuff.

I note forecast earnings of 13.7 cps for 2019. All going well we'll see HBL make about 14.5 cps forecast for Fy20 so late 2019, (2.5 years from now) because the market is always forward looking HBL should be trading on about 12.5 - 13.0 times Fy20 earnings so 12.5 - 13.0 x 14.5 = $1.80 - $1.90.

In the meantime what interim and final dividend are you forecasting this year Percy ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-01-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

While you're at it percy, when can we expect the SPP to be announced? ( and what will my scale factor be lol)

Mr market has tried it's best to hold the price down until it's announced - should be 1.75 by now, imo
    Last edited by Xerof; 29-01-2017 at 08:34 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    While you're at it percy, when can we expect the SPP to be announced? ( and what will my scale factor be lol)

Mr market has tried it's best to hold the price down until it's announced - should be 1.75 by now, imo
    The half year result will be announced on 21st February.I expect details of the dividend,date the dividend will be paid,and price and timing of the SPP.Just guessing,but I would expect very heavy scaling.Be a lot of fun for you to work out drp price, and spp price.!!!..lol.

percy

This post was in reply to Roger's post #8550.
    I note analysts are very conservative on earnings more than one year out,so perhaps we could be a bit more aggressive.?
    HBL's eps growth,compared to the Aussie Banks is most probably seeing HBL's PE expand.
    Also HBL now has "runs on the board" ,which together with their increasing dividend,is also helping the PE to expand.
    What we do know is HBL has used up all of its excess capital,and is/has raised more to fund very strong organic growth.NZ is in good shape,which means HBL's digital products delivered online are set to gain market recognition.The appointment of an Australian director signals to me they are confident in further growth in their REL business there,and may perhaps take a product,such as "open for business" to Australia.
    We share the same thoughts of the opportunities the demise of UDC will bring to HBL.
    My projections of eps and divies have been thrown out the door,as I can see the day HBL hitting $2 being brought forward..!!! Who cares about $1.60,$1.80 $1.90? We will see them all on our way to $2...
    Dividends this year? Increasing?!!.lol
    Roger,Thanks for posting link to The Herald article.
    Last edited by percy; 29-01-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    This post was in reply to Roger's post #8550.
    I note analysts are very conservative on earnings more than one year out,so perhaps we could be a bit more aggressive.?
    HBL's eps growth,compared to the Aussie Banks is most probably seeing HBL's PE expand.
    Also HBL now has "runs on the board" ,which together with their increasing dividend,is also helping the PE to expand.
    What we do know is HBL has used up all of its excess capital,and is/has raised more to fund very strong organic growth.NZ is in good shape,which means HBL's digital products delivered online are set to gain market recognition.The appointment of an Australian director signals to me they are confident in further growth in their REL business there,and may perhaps take a product,such as "open for business" to Australia.
    We share the same thoughts of the opportunities the demise of UDC will bring to HBL.
    My projections of eps and divies have been thrown out the door,as I can see the day HBL hitting $2 being brought forward..!!! Who cares about $1.60,$1.80 $1.90? We will see them all on our way to $2...
    Dividends this year? Increasing?!!.lol
    Roger,Thanks for posting link to The Herald article.
    Thanks Percy, I bought more late last week. Not much point having money in the bank with today's low interest rates, might as well own a decent share of it

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Percy, I bought more late last week. Not much point having money in the bank with today's low interest rates, might as well own a decent share of it
    A man after my own heart.!
    Going back to future eps,and eps growth.Last year's growth was a higher than I expected.I really am awaiting HBL's interim, and may get a better handle on future prospects, from their commentary.As we know they do what they say they will do.
    ps.I dare not buy anymore.!!lol.
    Last edited by percy; 30-01-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A man after my own heart.!
    Going back to future eps,and eps growth.Last year's growth was a higher than I expected.I really am awaiting HBL's interim, and may get a better handle on future prospects, from their commentary.As we know they do what they say they will do.
    ps.I dare not buy anymore.!!lol.
    lol...yes I think I remember from a conversation we had when I was last down in Christchurch that you had "a few" already

Banned

HBL invested $20m in Spotcap oz