sharetrader
Page 855 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 3557558058458518528538548558568578588598659059551355 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,550 of 17414

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    HBL invested $20m in Spotcap oz
    Official announcement, can't see any mention of $20m...maybe I have gone cross eyed already this morning and need another coffee ????

https://www.nzx.com/companies/HBL/announcements/296137
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

HBL invested $20m in Spotcap oz
    Hope all this innovative fintech and algorithm stuff doesn't lead to another sub-prime type crisis - especially when they use words like unsecured business loans to SMEs

At least Heartland are only funding Spotcap by the looks of it - not taking on the loans directly?
    Last edited by winner69; 31-01-2017 at 09:14 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Handsome Member

Couldn't find it on NZX, but it's noted here:
    http://www.advfn.com/news_Global-Onl..._73726911.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Official announcement, can't see any mention of $20m...maybe I have gone cross eyed already this morning and need another coffee ????

https://www.nzx.com/companies/HBL/announcements/296137
    NBR paywall headline

NBR paywall headline
    Thanks. Brief summary. $A20m funding line for small business loans $10K - $250K. Customers must have turnover of at least $100K and have been operating for not less than 18 months.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Seems like a good move to me, HBL not sitting back but looking to leverage a first mover advantage. Loving the focus on growth, I do some concerns in general that HBL is increasing its risks a bit in the event of an economic downturn.

I do think HBL has one of the best small business lending strategies around at the moment. It's gone quite digital and very easy to get a 50K+ approval in a day online.

Spotcap launched in NZ

Aren't they then competition for Hesrtland in NZ

Heartland funding NZ as well?

Or is that another story?
    Last edited by winner69; 31-01-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Well W69,we know all stories end the same way.
    Happy ever after with more profits going straight to HBL's bottom line.!
    With so few details announced I can't see the point,yet.

As an accountant I can attest that by and large many small business owners without real estate security can struggle to get business finance (asset finance over specific vehicle(s) is easier). There are other forms of lending like receivables factoring but can be very expensive. Plant and equipment is rarely viewed as a suitable asset so this niche lending (provided its based on well supported financial analysis) could prove to be quite lucrative and from my experience meets a genuine need in the market. The NBR article says pricing is based upon perceived risk so provided they have their systems well established pricing should more than cover the anticipated default rates assumed within their lending model. I doubt they would take this initiative if similar types of new initiatives through other channels hadn't already proved to be highly profitable.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-01-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Spotcap must be good news for HBL - it's the only share in my portfolio in blue among a sea of red today!