sharetrader
Page 858 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3587588088488548558568578588598608618628689089581358 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 17397
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I would hazard it a guess that Jeff still looks out his office window at the cranes on the skyline and then on the way home driving past new subdivisions salivates over the potential in lending to property developers just like the good old days.

Huge opportunity for Heartland and I believe finance getting harder to getbat the moment .....so becoming niche.

Could retask some not so busy people to make it worth while

Only a matter of time before Heartland back in this sector - just too tempting
    If there is a margin there,Jeff will be there.
    No margin,no Jeff.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool I have heard the song

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    If there is a margin there,Jeff will be there.
    No margin,no Jeff.
    Bob Marley !!!
    om mani peme hum

Chris Lee likes Heartland in his latest newsletter today...excerpt
    If you are a HBL lender (deposits) or shareholder I would encourage you to continue reading their press releases and presentations because they are in the midst of a reasonably dynamic second stage of their business strategy.
    I think the residential floating mortgage thing is a fair call. They're probably awash with funds from their current offer of 3% on call which none of the other banks will match so there's a reasonable margin there for them to enjoy seeing as they're sticking to just the floating rate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

If only HBL could perform badly and have a growing share price of $72.50.
    Assets of 219 million, a loss for 2016,and having to raise 3mil. Different side of the coin.

http://talkbusiness.net/2016/12/hear...tory-scrutiny/

Ticker symbol hlan

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down As my heart rate returns to normal

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    If only HBL could perform badly and have a growing share price of $72.50.
    Assets of 219 million, a loss for 2016,and having to raise 3mil. Different side of the coin.

http://talkbusiness.net/2016/12/hear...tory-scrutiny/

Ticker symbol hlan
    Crikey you scared me for a moment I thought you were talking about

Heartland Bank (http://www.heartlandbank.com/),
    Heartland Bank (https://www.heartlandbanks.com/) or even
    Heartland Bank (https://www.myheartland.bank/).

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Chris Lee likes Heartland in his latest newsletter today...excerpt

I think the residential floating mortgage thing is a fair call. They're probably awash with funds from their current offer of 3% on call which none of the other banks will match so there's a reasonable margin there for them to enjoy seeing as they're sticking to just the floating rate.
    Some of the new call money is mine...in a cash pie although the rate is 2.5%. My big Aussie bank has higher interest rates on the longer term (18mths+) deposits though. I would think that surprising given the comparative credit ratings.

Heartland share price couldn't break through 160 yesterday but global dairy prices up overnight so it'll shoot through that today. Its all honky dory, no worries here

Now that Jeff has moved away from disciplined growth to going anywhere where's there a buck to be made (under the guise of a digital strategy) the upside is enormous - blue sky stuff

I love it when Flood talks about billions of home mortgage lending - thats really step change stuff - as Flood says 'hugely transformational'
    Last edited by winner69; 08-02-2017 at 07:22 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

HBL are using digital cautiously on new products such as "open for business",partnering with others such as Harmoney and Spotcap on areas they want to be in,while using digital to expand existing areas of expertise,such as RELs,residential mortgages,livestock and motor vehicle lending.
    All a very disciplined approach, which shareholders appreciate.
    Last edited by percy; 08-02-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Cool

They will also very cautiously and digitally (of course) move into property developement,a niche area not serviced enough by the big banks,and through experience they know what it's like to have to hold property.
    So they have the experience,and I'm thinking at least a billion,but only lending to those whom are not too concerned about searching for the cheapest deal.
    Haha bubble hear we come.

This WILL be transformational!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    They will also very cautiously and digitally (of course) move into property developement,a niche area not serviced enough by the big banks,and through experience they know what it's like to have to hold property.
    So they have the experience,and I'm thinking at least a billion,but only lending to those whom are not too concerned about searching for the cheapest deal.
    Haha bubble hear we come.

This WILL be transformational!
    Certainly was last time they went into that sector.
    Jolly near terminal.