sharetrader
Page 859 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 3597598098498558568578588598608618628638699099591359 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,590 of 17360
    IMO

EVs and the impact on traditional fuel businesses Electric vehicle finance will be a massive winner too esp if Govt incentives increase although my cynic thinks about the $billions in fuel tax the Govt will not want to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    EVs and the impact on traditional fuel businesses Electric vehicle finance will be a massive winner too esp if Govt incentives increase although my cynic thinks about the $billions in fuel tax the Govt will not want to lose.
    Not sure whether losing fuel tax would be an issue. We do have in NZ an established (though arduous) system of Road User Charges for drivers of vehicles which are propelled by untaxed fuels. Effects currently mainly diesel vehicles, but why not including electric? Actually - they might be already included, but if not - adding them would be easy.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not sure whether losing fuel tax would be an issue. We do have in NZ an established (though arduous) system of Road User Charges for drivers of vehicles which are propelled by untaxed fuels. Effects currently mainly diesel vehicles, but why not including electric? Actually - they might be already included, but if not - adding them would be easy.
    Electric vehicles have an exemption from road user charges until they amount to 2% of the volume of vehicles in N.Z. When that will be who can say but after that expect RUC to apply at current diesel car rates, about $60 per 1000 km's. HBL will need to be prudent with residual value assumptions in regard to funding electric vehicles as depreciation rates can be extremely high when new technology is rapidly evolving. So who's lining up their funds for the upcoming share purchase plan ? (I am).
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-02-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Electric vehicles have an exemption from road user charges until they amount to 2% of the volume of vehicles in N.Z. When that will be who can say but after that expect RUC to apply at current diesel car rates, about $60 per 1000 km's. HBL will need to be prudent with residual value assumptions in regard to funding electric vehicles as depreciation rates can be extremely high when new technology is rapidly evolving. So who's lining up their funds for the upcoming share purchase plan ? (I am).
    Havn't looked in great detail but I'm presuming this won't be at 1.46? Still to be announced.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/249951.pdf

That's all we know at this stage but it wouldn't surprise me if they announced more details of this as part of their half year result announcement on 21 February.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-02-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Yes I will need to think about the SPP, and also take into consideration whether I accept a cash dividend, or DRP.I guess a lot will depend on whether the SPP comes before or after the dividend.If the SPP comes before the dividend,and includes the dividend, it may be a chance to double dip?
    In the meantime the steadily increasing SP,although very nice,does mean the SPP will most probably be at a higher price than the $1.46,and the amount of shares I would receive via DRP will be fewer.!
    I expect details of the SPP will be announced on the 21st, along with the interim result.
    Last edited by percy; 08-02-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Yep most likely announced with the 6 mnth result,but I wouldn't expect the spp to include the dividend,and should probably happen before the divvy is paid.
    They should be divvy exempt.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Yep most likely announced with the 6 mnth result,but I wouldn't expect the spp to include the dividend,and should probably happen before the divvy is paid.
    I think the SPP announced in February 2014 did not include the dividend and was at a 2.5% discount to the average share price during a period prior to allotment (but was not to be higher than the price paid in the prior placement.)

I do not know if they will follow the terms of that SPP but here's a link to it: https://shareholders.heartland.co.nz...ary%202014.pdf
    Last edited by Bjauck; 08-02-2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    If the institutions which got the shares issued at 146 get dividends on them, then small shareholders should get the same treatment for shares they acquire under the spp. And the shares under the spp should be issued at 146.

If not, a lot of the love gushed for HBL on this thread will evaporate.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    If the institutions which got the shares issued at 146 get dividends on them, then small shareholders should get the same treatment for shares they acquire under the spp. And the shares under the spp should be issued at 146.

If not, a lot of the love gushed for HBL on this thread will evaporate.
    What if the SP had fallen? The book build was about two months ago, I would expect the terms to be different. HBL has had the use of the instos application funds. It would be unfair on the instos (and their members) to keep the terms the same.

However as in 2014, it would have been fairer to have had the placement and SPP closer in time. It would have been better still imo to have had a renounceable rights issue anyway.