sharetrader
Page 869 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 3697698198598658668678688698708718728738799199691369 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,690 of 17213

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I guess it is a fact of life a good number of businesses have to wait far too long to be paid.
    In the book trade if you did not pay by the 20th of the following month suppliers stopped supply.
    Today the "majors" take 60 days to pay.So suppliers have to carry an extra month's debt.
    Having only a quick look at www.fuelled.co.nz it appears the cost to suppliers carrying the extra month'd debt is substantial.
    Yet in my modest business I get paid by schools so quickly,thanks to the internet, I can pay my suppliers on invoice.
    Said earlier should be good margin in this for both fuelled and Heartland .....SME might get his money the net day but it costs him heaps.

And if the debt goes bad ........
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Said earlier should be good margin in this for both fuelled and Heartland .....SME might get his money the net day but it costs him heaps.

And if the debt goes bad ........
    Even bigger problems,!.

Quote Originally Posted by nicknz125 View Post
    What you reckon nick - good, bad or what?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I reckon H1 profit will be $28.8m (they did do $14.2m in the first quarter) ..... and Jeff will say FY will be at top end of previous guidance

FY really should be over $60m but they'll manage to keep it to that $60m plus or minus a fraction - remember they always deliver on want they said they will do. Wouldn't want to go overboard would they
    Must have added $300k just to prove me wrong ....but did say the magic words 'upper end'

C'mon Jeff - come clean. With H1 $29.1m anything less than $60m is woeful ...but no doubt it will somehow come in at around that number
    Last edited by winner69; 21-02-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Guru

Cool $1.60 looking cheap now

I'll summarize it in 2 words for you all to save you the time reading: Excellent Result

For what it's worth, ahead of Forsyth forecasts as well

I also hear they are getting quite a few UDC customers...
    I'm expecting a strong 2nd half, with profit above $60m for the year
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 21-02-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Default Good Solid Result

You can't argue with a good solid result like that.
    14% profit growth through strong organic growth across all divisions is a very sound increase on last year.
    Net interest margin remains very high at 4.44% compared to 4.52% in pcp

Very nice touch for shareholders to be able to subscribe for new shares under the share purchase plan at the same price as the institutions did in December ($1.46), notwithstanding SP growth since then and an extra nice touch that the size of the SPP pool has been expanded from $10m to $20m again matching the terms of the institutional placement.

To be honest I am slightly disappointed that the interim dividend of 3.5 cps wasn't increased in line with profit growth. 4 cps would have been nice and would have reflected the 14% growth in EPS but who can be bothered quibbling over half a cent per share in dividend considering the solid organic growth the company is achieving.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Agreed...would have been nice to have had a wee bit more on the dividend side of things. Maybe that will come with the final.
    What is nice is that our new shares which will not cost more than $1.46 will be eligible for the 3.5c dividend.
    Unfortunately I think I am going to have to sell some that I have at some stage....as they are getting to be to big a proportion of my portfolio.
    I guess this is a good problem.
    Cheers all
    RTM

Regarding the SPP, and I'm only wanting to hear fellow investors opinions,but would you not be a bit ticked off if you had say 500,000 shares and you could still only apply for $15,000 worth compared to myself with only 30,000 and effectively(if I obtained the full $15,00 worth) increasing my shareholding by a third at a very good price. That would drop my average purchase price nicely.But for someone with a much larger holding, only a smidgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Regarding the SPP, and I'm only wanting to hear fellow investors opinions,but would you not be a bit ticked off if you had say 500,000 shares and you could still only apply for $15,000 worth compared to myself with only 30,000 and effectively(if I obtained the full $15,00 worth) increasing my shareholding by a third at a very good price. That would drop my average purchase price nicely.But for someone with a much larger holding, only a smidgeon.
    Don't forget that institutional investors got already a free pick ...ahead of anybody else. I am sure they are quite happy with us getting some crumbs as well. I don't think anybody should expect to get the full $15k allocation ... even after the increase of the pool there will be very heavy scaling.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)