sharetrader
Page 878 of 1734 FirstFirst ... 3787788288688748758768778788798808818828889289781378 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 17334

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    But tier 2 capital is costing them interest, SPP only increases shares on issue no?

Common stock generally is considered the most expensive source of capital

Quote Originally Posted by thevalueinvestor View Post

Thanks and welcome, I'm normally a chart watcher and only view some basic fundamentals as a guide. So really was interested to know why.

Advanced Member

I'm a bit more optimistic than you - expect to get most of the $15000 they have increased the offer size from original too, I'm certainly applying for $15000.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    We won't get a $15k allocation, though. We have only the right to apply for $15k worth of new shares and to give them an interest free loan for this amount. We might get (if we are really lucky and half of us don't bother) less than 1/3rd of the applied for number of shares. If everybody applies for the full sum it would be roughly $2k worth of shares (and $13k returned) for everybody. I intend to apply for the full sum, but realistically will consider myself as lucky if I get $5k worth of shares out of this exercise.

I would have preferred a renounceable rights issue for the full CR including institutions (i.e. $40m) ...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thevalueinvestor View Post

Is that true too for the ordinary shares that will be issued under the SPP? Are NZ ordinary share as expensive a source of capital as American common stock, taking into account comparative yield expectations as well as compliance and capital raising costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Is that true too for the ordinary shares that will be issued under the SPP? Are NZ ordinary share as expensive a source of capital as American common stock, taking into account comparative yield expectations as well as compliance and capital raising costs?
    Snoopy has sort of done the sums re cost of equity so maybe he could let us know
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I'm a bit more optimistic than you - expect to get most of the $15000 they have increased the offer size from original too, I'm certainly applying for $15000.
    I also will be applying for the full mount. Yes. Many will not for various reasons.. The amount on offer has doubled..

Default Dividend Reinvestment Plan Current Discount ?

Would someone please be so kind as to update me on that the current discount to VWAP HBL are offering under their scheme, if any ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Would someone please be so kind as to update me on that the current discount to VWAP HBL are offering under their scheme, if any ?
    Don´t hold me to it Roger but from memory it is 2.5%

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Don´t hold me to it Roger but from memory it is 2.5%
    Yes 2.5% discount
    SCOTTY

Thanks guys....it's been a long day working the steam powered abacus and couldn't be bothered looking it up.
    Might as well sign up for that as well as the SPP...no brainer applying for the full $15K worth of SPP in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-02-2017 at 08:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine