sharetrader
Page 880 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 3807808308708768778788798808818828838848909309801380 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 17211
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Don't worry,be happy in the knowledge the dividend, from the shares you receive from the SPP, should cover any minor car repairs.!
    1992 Mitsubishi - if anything major needs repairing it goes to the scrapyard (sorry for being off topic)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    1992 Mitsubishi - if anything major needs repairing it goes to the scrapyard (sorry for being off topic)
    I apologise,I should have said any minor car repairs if your car was a Nissan or Toyota.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If that upset you,be happy,as replacing cam belt,water pump .and full service, cost me over $1600 on my Mitsi L300 van today.!

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I am buying mainly for the dividend and the potential upside in SP. Over 5% for HBL vs 2.75% on my Rabosaver. Lets just hope my car will get its WOF next month.
    Don't forget the HBL divvies are fully imputed so gross yield if they pay 8.5 cps in total this year is (8.5 / 159) /0.72 = 7.4%. (You can boot that 7.4% to 7.6% effective by taking shares in lieu of dividend at the 2.5% discount (7.4 / .975) At 8 cents annual divvy the gross yield is still circa 7%....plus earnings growth should translate to further SP growth. Looks like a pretty reasonable investment proposition to me.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Don't forget the HBL divvies are fully imputed so gross yield if they pay 8.5 cps in total this year is (8.5 / 159) /0.72 = 7.4%. (You can boot that 7.4% to 7.6% effective by taking shares in lieu of dividend at the 2.5% discount (7.4 / .975) At 8 cents annual divvy the gross yield is still circa 7%....plus earnings growth should translate to further SP growth. Looks like a pretty reasonable investment proposition to me.
    It's hard to argue the SPP isn't a bargain. Competely agree with you Roger! One of my favourite shares HBL

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    It's hard to argue the SPP isn't a bargain.
    Skellerup at $1.53 gives you a better yield for a broadly comparable risk. That wasn't difficult to argue was it :-).

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Skellerup at $1.53 gives you a better yield for a broadly comparable risk. That wasn't difficult to argue was it :-).

SNOOPY
    There can be more than one bargain Snoopy.

percy

SNOOPY
    "On the road to no where" [thank you Talking Heads]
    If we look at the share price performance over the past few years it is easy to see which share Talking Heads were singing about.
    Share price increase.....................1 year.............2 years...............5 years.
    SKL.........................................16.67% .............12.41%................6.91%
    HBL..........................................38.60 %...........17.91%.................267.44%.
    I see no reason why HBL can not out perform SKL by the same margin over the next 5 years.
    So 2022.......... sp.SKL$1.63........................HBL............ ..$4.25.
    Today..................SKL $1.53.......................HBL..............$1.59 .
    So taking part in HBL's SPP will be well worth while.!

On the doghouse

If we look at the share price performance over the past few years it is easy to see which share Talking Heads were singing about.
    Share price increase.....................1 year.............2 years...............5 years.
    SKL.........................................16.67% .............12.41%................6.91%
    HBL..........................................38.60 %...........17.91%.................267.44%.
    I see no reason why HBL can not out perform SKL by the same margin over the next 5 years.
    Here's one reason. 'Past performance doesn't guarantee future performance'

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Super Investor

So 2022.......... sp.SKL$1.63........................HBL............ ..$4.25.
    Today..................SKL $1.53.......................HBL..............$1.59 .
    So taking part in HBL's SPP will be well worth while.!
    Might be worth considering moving back to NZ so I can participate.
    h2

Super Investor

Here's one reason. 'Past performance doesn't guarantee future performance'

SNOOPY
    Thats true SD but to date HBL has been my best performing share on the NZX and that includes EBO SCL SEK AWF AWK and RBD.
    h2