sharetrader
Page 882 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 3827828328728788798808818828838848858868929329821382 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 17383
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't call it a bargain at the current price but a good hold.
    Yes,I feel the same,yet somehow I think we could get pleasant surprises on the upside.!

Well said Percy. No comparison between the two companies. One is growing EPS consistently, the other has been a classic cyclical going nowhere, in fact for the last decade ! Maybe the directors and management of SKL have that Talking Heads song on their car radio's in a constant repeat loop ? The two companies are as different as chalk and cheese...very surprised the other hound can't see that.
    Yes hold,but I would expect any surprises will be on the upside.
    Agree,about the no comparison.
    The other hound.No comment.
    Last edited by percy; 01-03-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Investment is about allocation of capital.I look for sectors with tail winds,ie,retirement,health,tourism,and digital banking.I avoid sectors such as retail [yes hold a few HLG and LOV asx]and manufacturing in NZ.The likes of CAV,MGL,SCT,and SKL I think are dead ducks.I try to invest in companies whose share price will double in 5 years.
    HBL SPP>I am not trying to convince anyone,just stating what I intend to do.I have posted that I hold far too many HBL and even at $1.46 it will increase my average holding cost.I have also said I am just going to use our rainy spare cash and take the dividend in cash .At $1.46 cum divie, I see a nice margin,as that works out at $1.425 and I think the sp will settle at over $1.50.Margin could be 5.2% in under a month.!!!!
    Going forward I think the market is waking up to HBL's growth prospects.As you are well aware, the directors' speechs at the agm was very much,we have done the ground work,and have the products,now let the fun start.We are "well positioned."I do see HBL's share price at $2.Maybe in a year's time,or could be 2 years time. I don't mind which, as in the meantime I expect the fully imputed dividend will increase.
    I think your previous comment Post 8815 " So 2022.......... sp.SKL$1.63........................HBL............ ..$4.25. ".

A little ambitious perc.. That is one cent a week, every week for five years..

Happy holder.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    I think your previous comment Post 8815 " So 2022.......... sp.SKL$1.63........................HBL............ ..$4.25. ".

Happy holder.
    On the number of shares you and I hold, one cent a week could be very serious fun.!!
    Even one cent a month would still be serious fun.
    While one cent every three months would be just fun.
    We are well positioned for a lot of fun in our lives...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post

Happy holder.
    It doesn't have to happen like that,a few flat weeks with some 10c rises would do just fine.

Only a matter of time before this stock pushes through resistance at 1.60,it's banging it's head again this morning. Then a nice slow meander to 1.80 would be nice.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    It doesn't have to happen like that,a few flat weeks with some 10c rises would do just fine.
    Yes the odd few flat weeks would be acceptable...lol.
    And I must admit the current share price strength surprises me.But then I am easily surprised.Just need another negative "fail" post from Snoopy, to push the sp through $1.60,then again it may do it anyhow.
    Last edited by percy; 01-03-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Default Different breeders

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Roger took some convincing to come over to the other side....still hope for snoopy yet
    Hounds usually run in packs so its curious how the other hound's always been way off trail from the hunt with this one.
    I like running with tailwinds so previously enjoyed a marvelous run from mid 80 cent mark just after the credit rating upgrade in early 2014 to low 130's in early 2015 when dairy risks starting looking ominous.
    Now I sense we're in a period of tailwinds again and maybe even a further credit rating upgrade is possible so am happy to be snapping up juicy dividends and capital gains again
    Disc: Tail up and wagging, holding and applying for full $15K of shares under SPP and full participation in the dividend reinvestment scheme.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    On the number of shares you and I hold, one cent a week could be very serious fun.!!
    Even one cent a month would still be serious fun.
    While one cent every three months would be just fun.
    We are well positioned for a lot of fun in our lives...lol.
    Indeed.. Pity it is at the wrong end of it though.. Am trying my best where ever possible . :-)))

Banned

Does spp shares entitle for dividend as recorded date is 23rd march..the shares are issued before that...thanks.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/253365.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Does spp shares entitle for dividend as recorded date is 23rd march..the shares are issued before that...thanks.