sharetrader
Page 884 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3847848348748808818828838848858868878888949349841384 ... LastLast
Results 8,831 to 8,840 of 17397
    Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by NZINOZ View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm a first time poster but long time watcher of this thread. I am a kiwi living in Australia whose sons have a joint shareholding in HBL. We are wondering if anyone knows the best way to sell shares from in Australia? We were back in NZ a year or so ago and tried to sell them but they said as we were living in Australia we had to sell them here. Finding it difficult to locate a broker who will deal with NZ shares. Any suggestions?
    I live in Australia and would be happy to do a share transfer for the purchase of their shares.. PM me
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Posted 29-1-2017
    Still interesting.
    HBL............9.............10...........11...... ....12.........13.........14.

Thanks Percy I remember seeing it somewhere. Tweaked those forecasted EPS numbers slightly to help my fellow hound gain the scent and get back on the hunt
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Somebody pointed out to me that Heartland are getting $20m from shareholders this month and then a week or two paying a dividend worth $18m to shareholders. Seems stupid he said

I told him 'it's not stupid mate - that's how clever big businesses operate'. Don't think he was convinced

(Probably one less shareholder taking up the offer - good eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Somebody pointed out to me that Heartland are getting $20m from shareholders this month and then a week or two paying a dividend worth $18m to shareholders. Seems stupid he said

I told him 'it's not stupid mate - that's how clever big businesses operate'. Don't think he was convinced

(Probably one less shareholder taking up the offer - good eh
    Snoopy.???????????????????????????????

Snoopy.???????????????????????????????
    No no no .....not Snoopy

The guy who thinks the cap raising is stupid said if they need $20m why don't they just can the divie this time around and keep the cash. Would save a lot of paperwork and bother

Still haven't convinced him about that's how clever businesses work bit .....doubt whether he ever will.

percy

No no no .....not Snoopy

The guy who thinks the cap raising is stupid said if they need $20m why don't they just can the divie this time around and keep the cash. Would save a lot of paperwork and bother

Still haven't convinced him about that's how clever businesses work bit .....doubt whether he ever will.
    Another of your Bowling Club "investors".?

Another of your Bowling Club "investors".?
    No no no - a clever engineer type I was having a chat with

Hard to explain how something that does seem pretty stupid is actually quite clever though

percy

No no no - a clever engineer type I was having a chat with

Hard to explain how something that does seem pretty stupid is actually quite clever though
    I guess clever engineers are a bit like those "investors", who drive to Wall Street in a Rolls Royce, to be advised by "advisors" who caught the subway to work.
    Yet some very good CEOs have an engineering degree.!
    Just as well you and I know HBL are doing the right thing,although it would need me to do a Snoopy book to explain it.And I do not do Snoopy books,or sell them.!
    Simply put,HBL understand their shareholders,and act at all times to grow the business. and pay growing fully imputated dividends,while making sure their capital ratios remain capable to fund their growth,without having lazy excess capital.
    Always trying to be the best bank.rather than the biggest.
    And they are succeeding.

I guess clever engineers are a bit like those "investors", who drive to Wall Street in a Rolls Royce, to be advised by "advisors" who caught the subway to work.
    Yet some very good CEOs have an engineering degree.!
    Just as well you and I know HBL are doing the right thing,although it would need me to do a Snoopy book to explain it.And I do not do Snoopy books,or sell them.!
    Simply put,HBL understand their shareholders,and act at all times to grow the business. and pay growing fully imputated dividends,while making sure their capital ratios remain capable to fund their growth,without having lazy excess capital.
    Always trying to be the best bank.rather than the biggest.
    And they are succeeding.
    If HBL isn't very very careful it will not only be the best bank but also the biggest bank in NZ
    SCOTTY

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    If HBL isn't very very careful it will not only be the best bank but also the biggest bank in NZ
    esp if they didn't pay such high divies

If they reinvested divies and consistently made 12% ROE todays shareholder equity of $529m would be $5.1 billion in 20 years time ..... with a market cap of say over $8.0 billion ....share price $16 ....and a big bank

Just mathematics - nothing clever in that - and miles away from reality eh
    Last edited by winner69; 04-03-2017 at 10:48 AM.