sharetrader
Page 886 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 3867868368768828838848858868878888898908969369861386 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,860 of 17360
    percy

[
    percy, have you asked how much SPP money is sitting in the holding account? - if it's >100m, I'll scream, we'll scream, we all like ice cream[/QUOTE]

I think the share registry get the interest on it,not HBL.?
    I wonder how many people sold a few a couple of weeks ago, and brought 500 shares for each of their children,so they could apply for a multiple number of applications in the SPP.?
    Wisely I think it is no longer possible to apply for your cats' and dogs' names,which will affect people like Roger .
    Our rainy day fund has been under pressure lately [daughters],so I had only enough funds to apply for $7,500 for my wife,and the same amount for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    [
    percy, have you asked how much SPP money is sitting in the holding account? - if it's >100m, I'll scream, we'll scream, we all like ice cream
    I wonder how many people sold a few a couple of weeks ago, and brought 500 shares for each of their children,so they could apply for a multiple number of applications in the SPP.?
    Wisely I think it is no longer possible to apply for your cats' and dogs' names,which will affect people like Roger .
    Our rainy day fund has been under pressure lately [daughters],so I had only enough funds to apply for $7,500 for my wife,and the same amount for myself.[/QUOTE]

I hope your daughter appreciates that you've given up extra HBL shares for her Percy!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

I hope your daughter appreciates that you've given up extra HBL shares for her Percy!
    Life is funny.I spent years following the markets with no capital to invest,and worrying about retirement.Slowly found a little bit of capital,buying a few hundred dollars of shares,and the rest is as they say history.
    The wife and I do not have a family trust.We now find we have more capital than we need.The daughters in the meantime are struggling,so we decided to give them a good bit of their inheritance now.
    ps.Still are over weighted in HBL.

percy, my scream was more about the degree of scaling, not the interest being earned

Attachment 8731

and good on you for doing what you are doing for your daughters

I have declared my 16 budgies as passed away to the IRD, and filed final returns for them (not)

God's honest truth Percy, I simply couldn't be bothered with all the paperwork splitting my holding up into different entities including my dogs. Only applied for $15K in my name. Rest assured although my dogs aren't HBL sharehoilders I can still afford to give Basil and Skippy their full allocation of dog food
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-03-2017 at 09:39 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Sorry to go off topic yet again,but on one of the Australian threads a few years ago, one poster admitted he held 1 share in hundreds of companies,so he could take part in any SPP if they had one.
    Skippy.? Basil? Fine names.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sorry to go off topic yet again,but on one of the Australian threads a few years ago, one poster admitted he held 1 share in hundreds of companies,so he could take part in any SPP if they had one.
    Skippy.? Basil? Fine names.
    That seems a bit desperate lol, but maybe it's smart.

Question for you... can you participate in the SPP and then sell the shares the next day, instantly making 4%? If so that seems a bit crazy!

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Question for you... can you participate in the SPP and then sell the shares the next day, instantly making 4%? If so that seems a bit crazy!
    You certainly can, but why would you?

Hold them for a month and get the dividend, with the DRP and you make 5%, then sell them and it becomes 9%

percy

Some dates.
    SPP. closes 5pm 10th March.
    .....shares allotted 15th March.
    ....15th March spp shares will commence trading.
    .....Holding statements despatched 5 days after allotment date.
    Dividend.
    23rd March ex dividend.
    7th April dividend payable.
    So JeremyALD if you sold after the ex dividend date,you would also receive the divie.
    Then againif you sell you will miss out on the celebrations when the shares hit $2.00....lol.
    Last edited by percy; 07-03-2017 at 01:06 PM.

If everyshareholder applies for 15k, how many shares would we get? I can't find the total number of shareholders.