sharetrader
Page 887 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 3877878378778838848858868878888898908918979379871387 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,870 of 17360

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Some dates.
    SPP. closes 5pm 10th March.
    .....shares allotted 15th March.
    ....15th March spp shares will commence trading.
    .....Holding statements despatched 5 days after allotment date.
    Dividend.
    23rd March ex dividend.
    7th April dividend payable.
    So JeremyALD if you sold after the ex dividend date,you would also receive the divie.
    Then againif you sell you will miss out on the celebrations when the shares hit $2.00....lol.
    Thanks for the info Percy. I'm not selling them but it further shows that this SPP is a bit of a bargain

IMO

Got a reminder email last nite so hopefully uptake is low ;I'm mean why would you tie your funds up just to then get most of it back; no brainer.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    If everyshareholder applies for 15k, how many shares would we get? I can't find the total number of shareholders.
    Will have changed, but on the 19th August 2016, there were 10,743 shareholders.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Got a reminder email last nite so hopefully uptake is low ;I'm mean why would you tie your funds up just to then get most of it back; no brainer.
    Totally agree.!
    But then I used to buy a Lotto ticket each week.
    Better odds with HBL's SPP.?.

IMO

Yeah I applied for the max . looks like i will get $13000 plus back. Will treat myself to a rare lotto ticket then not check the numbers lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah I applied for the max . looks like i will get $13000 plus back. Will treat myself to a rare lotto ticket then not check the numbers lol
    I wouldn't be that pessimistic ... Not every holder can put up the full 15k - and many might not bother. Personally I expect to get more something like 5k worth in shares (i.e. 2/3 scaling) ... and my broker even thought it might be up to 10k (i.e. only 1/3 scaling ... but hey - he is an optimist .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I'm philosophical about it..whatever I get is what I get. I pulled funds from an account earning a "whopping" 1.5% per annum less resident withholding tax so if I get most of my money back and only a small handful of shares at $1.46 I'll still be well ahead and it took me a whopping 3 minutes to go online and complete the form. (Don't start me on the BNZ charging me $5 for a new direct debit authority though to facilitate electronic payment).
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-03-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Better submit your application on the latest day possible especially if you're on the margin lending account as the moment my application reached my broker, he whacked $15K right away from that account of mine. As there's no guarantee of getting the maximum shares, that debited amount is contributing to the big hole on my account

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question You guys sure this SPP is genuine.

So that is $15,000 gone from the Cash Management Account with a transaction description of 'So long, and thanks for all the fish'.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

IMO

Was thinking the same thing driving home tonight; wheres the checks and lock symbols etc; how do they have permission to just take the dough out without signing auto payment authority forms etc?First time I've done it this way. Greed is gullible ehh