sharetrader
Page 889 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 3897898398798858868878888898908918928938999399891389 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 17360

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Off course I may be wrong,and a Chinese Bank could decide to make a takeover bid over $2.00 within the next 6 weeks or months?.
    Now we are talking sense

Hope this happens sooner or later - would be a great outcome

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Now we are talking sense

Hope this happens sooner or later - would be a great outcome
    Not sure I would call that a "great outcome". While it might happen - what would be great about us selling all of our best companies to foreign investors? I'd prefer to keep them listed and in NZ hands.

A great outcome for me would be HBL merging with Kiwibank and TSB to form NZ's greatest bank with many happy shareholders. Make New Zealand great again!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Hear hear. Who'd be crazy enough to want sell their soul(&heart) to the devil, in a manner of speaking; Avarice maybe?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not sure I would call that a "great outcome". While it might happen - what would be great about us selling all of our best companies to foreign investors? I'd prefer to keep them listed and in NZ hands.

A great outcome for me would be HBL merging with Kiwibank and TSB to form NZ's greatest bank with many happy shareholders. Make New Zealand great again!
    Wouldn't a HBL/Kiwibank merger finally lay rest to the problem that Kiwibank can't get adequate funding to really become one of NZ's biggest banks?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Wouldn't a HBL/Kiwibank merger finally lay rest to the problem that Kiwibank can't get adequate funding to really become one of NZ's biggest banks?
    It may help but I wouldn't think that that alone would make the merged entity one of NZ's biggest banks, nor would it automatically provide the funding, both equity and debt, that big, growing banks constantly need. Good for Kiwibank perhaps but less so for Heartland, I would think.

I hope that it becomes a target of an Australian Bank like Bendigo& Adelaide looking to jump the ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    I hope that it becomes a target of an Australian Bank like Bendigo& Adelaide looking to jump the ditch.
    The last thing we need is another Aussie or Chinese owned bank stripping profit out of the country. Keep it locally owned I say !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hear hear. Who'd be crazy enough to want sell their soul(&heart) to the devil, in a manner of speaking; Avarice maybe?
    No more avaricious then people's wish to see a $2 share price sooner than later.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The last thing we need is another Aussie or Chinese owned bank stripping profit out of the country. Keep it locally owned I say !
    Yep gotta put whats good for NZ ahead of greed; a win/win,raise the bar!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No more avaricious then people's wish to see a $2 share price sooner than later.
    "A case of the pot calling the kettle black."........................lol.