sharetrader
Page 891 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 3917918418818878888898908918928938948959019419911391 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,910 of 17210

Just a small matter but nonetheless perhaps somewhat significant I noted in the half year report they were converting across Australian earnings at 98 point something cents and we're now at 91 point something.
    A 10% boost in Australian earnings due to the new lower exchange rate is not an entirely trivial matter.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Do we know how profitable the Australian operations are? I can't seem to find the number.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Just a small matter but nonetheless perhaps somewhat significant I noted in the half year report they were converting across Australian earnings at 98 point something cents and we're now at 91 point something.
    A 10% boost in Australian earnings due to the new lower exchange rate is not an entirely trivial matter.
    How much they make in Australia
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Let's ask the Oracle of all things HBL...come in Percy.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I do not know how profitable Australia is for HBL.
    The REL business is growing faster there than in NZ.
    At 30/6/2016 they had a banking facility with CBA of $379 mil and approx $440 mil Credit risk exposure in Australia.
    They match their Australian risk with Australian borowings,so there is no currency exposure.
    It is just accounting for the Australian profit.
    This profit will increase as the REL business continues to grow,plus profits from Spotcap exposure,and profits from other products HBL make avaliable in Australia.
    Last edited by percy; 09-03-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks Percy.

Veteran novice

Yes, thanks Percy. Aust credit risks form a very minor part of the business at this stage - plenty of room to grow!

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Even worse I gave them the wrong account number the first time and they tried to withdraw from that. Then I emailed them the new number and shortly after the 15K was gone! No signing or anything.
    I applied for the full $15k on Wednesday, and as of this morning the money is still in my bank. Appears they are quicker with some than with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I applied for the full $15k on Wednesday, and as of this morning the money is still in my bank. Appears they are quicker with some than with others.
    You might want to call them just in case as the close off is today.

Check your bank account allows Direct Debits. That can be the problem, if it can't.