sharetrader
Page 892 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 3927928428828888898908918928938948958969029429921392 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,920 of 17360
    Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Check your bank account allows Direct Debits. That can be the problem, if it can't.
    My does allow direct debits. Its how I pay all of my regular bills. Have received an email from Link saying that it will be deducted tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not sure I would call that a "great outcome". While it might happen - what would be great about us selling all of our best companies to foreign investors? I'd prefer to keep them listed and in NZ hands.

A great outcome for me would be HBL merging with Kiwibank and TSB to form NZ's greatest bank with many happy shareholders. Make New Zealand great again!
    Make NZ great again I like this slogan and the concept with NZ owned bank. Exited my ASB largely and am looking to exit elsewhere and convert to NZ Banks.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I applied for the full $15k on Wednesday, and as of this morning the money is still in my bank. Appears they are quicker with some than with others.
    I filled in the direct debit details to them on Tuesday and my 15k disappeared from my cheque on Thursday.http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/icons/icon6.png

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Make NZ great again I like this slogan and the concept with NZ owned bank. Exited my ASB largely and am looking to exit elsewhere and convert to NZ Banks.
    Trouble with that (for me) is that I use ASB for online share trading.

Disc: Been with ASB since primary school, back when you would give teacher a few pennies/cents to be deposited into your passbook savings account. Seems a pity that scheme was abandoned, as gave kids the right message.

Veteran novice

They wouldn't let me trade shares online when I was at primary school.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kura View Post
    Trouble with that (for me) is that I use ASB for online share trading.

Disc: Been with ASB since primary school, back when you would give teacher a few pennies/cents to be deposited into your passbook savings account. Seems a pity that scheme was abandoned, as gave kids the right message.
    I think some banks and some schools still do it.
    I saw Heartland were doing it at Longbeach school,near Ashburton, last time I was there, about a year ago,and have seen ASB at a number of schools.Can't remember which schools,but some could have been on The West Coast.
    Last edited by percy; 10-03-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    They wouldn't let me trade shares online when I was at primary school.

He He If I told someone I was "online" back then, the assumption would have been I was on a telephone.

Recall going to shops recently with a mate & his grandson, for some reason I wanted some cash out of ATM, & the kid was amazed, his comment was "Wow, you got all that money & it didn't cost you a cent" (Life can be cruel )

Obviously white men not an 'endangered species' at Heartland.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...hite-men-claim

Board - 2 female / 7 male

Management team - 2 female / 9 male.

And looking at the pictures ethnicity is ......well you be the judge

Not proud of my company - people who run it not really 'representative' of their customer base (although cynically one could say the seniors are well represented on the Board)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Obviously white men not an 'endangered species' at Heartland.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...hite-men-claim

Board - 2 female / 7 male

Management team - 2 female / 9 male.

And looking at the pictures ethnicity is ......well you be the judge

Not proud of my company - people who run it not really 'representative' of their customer base (although cynically one could say the seniors are well represented on the Board)
    We are very lucky as investors/shareholders.
    If we do not like any directors or management of a business, we can avoid buying shares in it,or sell anytime.
    Same if we do not like any announcements,change of direction,sector changes,ethnicity of board/management/staff, the company's outlook,etc.
    I have a list of directors I will not invest in any company they are connected with.
    My largest investment, by far,is Heartland Bank,so that means I am very impressed by the board/management/staff make up.The fact they have large shareholdings means they are shareholder focussed.All announcements have been positive.The outlook is very positive.
    So my judgement is, HBL is worthy of being my largest investment.
    Last edited by percy; 12-03-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    We are very lucky as investors/shareholders.
    If we do not like any directors or management of a business, we can avoid buying shares in it,or sell anytime.
    Same if we do not like any announcements,change of direction,sector changes,ethnicity of board/management/staff, the company's outlook,etc.
    I have a list of directors I will not invest in any company they are connected with.
    My largest investment, by far,is Heartland Bank,so that means I am very impressed by the board/management/staff make up.The fact they have large shareholdings means they are shareholder focussed.All announcements have been positive.The outlook is very positive.
    So my judgement is, HBL is worthy of being my largest investment.
    Percy would you like to share your list of company directors that you have in your little black book and as to why they have a black mark against their name.