sharetrader
Page 896 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 3967968468868928938948958968978988999009069469961396 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,960 of 17360
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Another sunny day in my tropical paradise

I will take the 3308 at $1.46, some more in the DRP and be thankful for the small profit.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Have the announced how the scaling is being done or are you just assuming it is 1/3 since 3x oversubscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I will take the 3308 at $1.46, some more in the DRP and be thankful for the small profit.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    The Hound and Paper Tiger are in perfect harmony on this issue.

Some perspective. Honestly, people have just been handed a $500 free lunch for 3 minutes online filling a form out that could not have been a simpler exercise.

RTM has nailed it. Share registries cannot do allocations and do these issues on the basis of talk, (saying you have the money). Proving you have the money is the only practical basis upon which they can definitively allocate shares.

Of course a renounceable rights issue would be fairer but there will be sound reasons they didn't go down that route such as the probably substantial extra costs the NZX would impose.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Have the announced how the scaling is being done or are you just assuming it is 1/3 since 3x oversubscribed.
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/HBL/announcements/298171

"The SPP received very strong shareholder support, with Heartland receiving applications totalling $62,117,500, exceeding the offer size of $20,000,000 by $42,117,500 or 211%. In accordance with the terms of the SPP, Heartland will scale back all applications on a proportionate basis by reference to the size of each application. For example, this means that a shareholder who applied for $15,000 of shares will receive $4,829.56 of shares after scaling, which is equal to 3,308 shares at the issue price (rounded up to the nearest whole number of shares)."

Thumbs up Long time between drinks

A quick look back to Mar 14 and I notice that the $15,000 I threw at them then got me 4,289 shares @ $0.8541 ( $3,663 ).

They were looking to raise $5M and got $20M475

So a better SPP this time % wise.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    A renouncible rights issue would have been a far fairer system and obviously it would have been well supported.
    This is the gold standard in capital raising.

Directors should be asked why they persist with SPPs..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    PT are you saying that a small profit will be made on the DRP?
    This will be my first dividend from Heartland Bank and I am not sure how they normally set the share price
    Thanks

Arrow Now hoping to keep all my HBL for a while

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    PT are you saying that a small profit will be made on the DRP?
    This will be my first dividend from Heartland Bank and I am not sure how they normally set the share price
    Thanks
    Sorry, badly worded and you have to know the context.

The DRP price is set as a 2.5% discount to some sort of average of 5 days trading after it goes ex-div next week.

By selling $10,000 on market so that I had the cash to apply for $15,000 in the SPP I have bought 3,308 of what I sold for $1.59 back for $1.46.

It is likely that the DRP shares will cost me slightly less than $1.59 as well.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Thanks for that clarification.
    I will now participate in the DRP and consider selling a few in the 5 days after ex-div

Best wishes

Thumbs down Keep the DRiPs or take the cash

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Thanks for that clarification.
    I will now participate in the DRP and consider selling a few in the 5 days after ex-div

Best wishes
    I would suggest that trying to arbitrage a DRiP is not worth the candle.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum