sharetrader
Page 898 of 1735 FirstFirst ... 3987988488888948958968978988999009019029089489981398 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,980 of 17345

Default Adding Lobster onto the Lunch Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZSA views - a year or so old but probably still the same

https://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/sha...tpracticeid=23

SPPs are much quicker and cheaper to do than rights issues which have greater compliance / disclosure requirements (along with organising underwriters etc)
    A well articulated viewpoint.

Meanwhile its worth noting that even before said shares are issued to shareholders those applying for $15,000 worth and getting 3308 shares are now 17 cents per share in the money and can probably enjoy quite a few decent lunches for $562.36.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Discretionary trusts are in reality not a separate entity from the settlor, if the settlor retains an interest as a beneficiary or as a trustee. I think what is now happening due to the popularity of discretionary family trusts, amongst people with assets, has meant that government departments and others will examine the terms of trusts with which an applicant has a connection.
    Shares have to be recorded in name of trustee, if you owned share in your capacity as a trustee as well as your personal capacity, I could see how share registry would view you as double dipping. I have a company as trustee of family trust & hold shares in my own right, had no problem applying for 2 seperate lots under SPP

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZSA views - a year or so old but probably still the same

https://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/sha...tpracticeid=23

SPPs are much quicker and cheaper to do than rights issues which have greater compliance / disclosure requirements (along with organising underwriters etc)
    Do you really need an underwriter though? Make the rights issue at a price where people need to act and offer a facility to buy any shortfall shares with any profit going back to shareholders who didn't exercise their rights. Other companies have done this in recent years, why not HBL?

Always seemed investment banks give companies blatantly self-interested advice regarding capital raising.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Do you really need an underwriter though? ....
    HBL are a bank. Can't they underwrite it themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by kura View Post

I have a company as trustee of family trust & hold shares in my own right, had no problem applying for 2 seperate lots under SPP
    How's the record keeping of company thats the trustee kura? Bit like mine which is a really bad but as long as I do the Annual Return I reckon its alright.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Just because you can buy some shares cheaper tomorrow than what you can buy them for on the market today doesn't make it a 'no brainer' in my books. There might be reason to apply for shares under the plan, a syou can build up a small holding without incurring brokerage. By raiding the mattress and the flower pot in the garage? Surely this is only a great idea if you are sure that the discounted hsares you will get are good value. With fair value at $1.42, I think this is far from clear.

SNOOPY
    Posted 15 days ago.
    Today HBL are trading at $1.63.
    Nearly 15% ahead of Snoopy's fair value.
    No surprises there.!!..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Posted 15 days ago.
    Today HBL are trading at $1.63.
    Nearly 15% ahead of Snoopy's fair value.
    No surprises there.!!..lol.
    I think the Red Barron has affected Snoopy's ability to sniff out value
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Bonus time

and an extra 9 shares

Goodie, goodie

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

How does one go about selling the shares received through the SPP, do I just go through my normal broker (ASB) and sell even though their records don't include those shares?

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    and an extra 9 shares

Goodie, goodie

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Not quite enough for a side order of fries with our lunch.