sharetrader
Page 906 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 40680685689690290390490590690790890991091695610061406 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,060 of 17404

Good company, had a good run though. I'm taking some profits, in the future it will likely go higher but I think there will also be an opportunity to buy lower. Market as a whole is running hot at the moment - an overall correction will have the biggest impact on HBL SP rather than the financials of the company itself

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Those with the insights and the expertise to assess and trade the market are to be admired and considered, but taking their advice based on what and more importantly when they post, is folly.

DYOR.
    BAA
    Well said. Treat on-line forum with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    When I look for comparatives, one of the first things I apply is the 'duck test'. Put succinctly, for identification purposes, , if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, the chances are it is a duck. When I apply the 'duck test' to Heartland 'Bank' something interesting happens....
    It is good to make sure you compare like with like. I have shares in a big Aussie bank and in HBL. One of the reasons I bought a shareholding in HBL was for diversification - that it was a different type of bird from the big Aussies! Perhaps (hopefully) it is more of a nimble Welcome Swallow?

Dilettante

When I look for comparatives, one of the first things I apply is the 'duck test'. Put succinctly, for identification purposes, , if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, the chances are it is a duck. When I apply the 'duck test' to Heartland 'Bank' something interesting happens.

Q1/ Can you go into a Heartland bank branch and deposit a bundle of cash?
    A1/ No

Q2/ Can you go into a Heartland bank branch and withdarw a bundle of cash?
    A2/ No

Q3/ Can you go into a Heartland bank branch and obtain some overseas currency for your overseas trip?
    A3/ No

Q4/ Can you go into a Heartland bank and get a proper mortgage (not one of those reverse ones)?
    A4/ No

My conclusion: Heartland Bank fails the 'duck test' in comparison with the other banks that Roger used as comparatives.

I guess the killer philosophical question on my mind is this:

"If a striped suited 'Beagle Boy' goes into a Heartland Bank and commands the staff to put all of the till proceeds in his swag bag, then the said Beagle Boy leaves with a limp empty sack (because Heartland don't deal with cash anymore), can he be arrested for bank robbery?"

SNOOPY
    And that is exactly what I like about Heartland, they are doing things differently in niche markets rather than taking on the big 4 at their own game that they know and do very well

Missed by that much

Q4/ Can you go into a Heartland bank and get a proper mortgage (not one of those reverse ones)?
    A4/ No.....
    I think the answer to this one should be "Yes". You will pay a bit more for it, but they will do mortgages.

On a side note, my main bank is SBS, and they would also get a "No" to those first 3 questions. So I guess, that on your duck test, for the last 17 years I haven't banked with a bank.

When I look for comparatives, one of the first things I apply is the 'duck test'. Put succinctly, for identification purposes, , if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, the chances are it is a duck. When I apply the 'duck test' to Heartland 'Bank' something interesting happens.

Q1/ Can you go into a Heartland bank branch and deposit a bundle of cash?
    A1/ No

Q2/ Can you go into a Heartland bank branch and withdarw a bundle of cash?
    A2/ No

Q3/ Can you go into a Heartland bank branch and obtain some overseas currency for your overseas trip?
    A3/ No

A4/ No

My conclusion: Heartland Bank fails the 'duck test' in comparison with the other banks that Roger used as comparatives.

I guess the killer philosophical question on my mind is this:

"If a striped suited 'Beagle Boy' goes into a Heartland Bank and commands the staff to put all of the till proceeds in his swag bag, then the said Beagle Boy leaves with a limp empty sack (because Heartland don't deal with cash anymore), can he be arrested for bank robbery?"

SNOOPY
    Any self respecting Beagle would be barking mad to do such a thing.
    I'm with Iceman on this. Just because they do things differently and don't want the overheads of an extensive branch network and certain types of low margin lending doesn't mean they won't quack loudly when it comes reporting time
    The other point we haven't even really touched on is who wants to own Aussie banks when you can't claim their franking credits ? Any sensible hound knows if you've got to let the taxman have two helpings of food before you get to your food bowl you won't be as well fed as you would off HBL divvies.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Snoops you left out Q5

Q5/ Can you rely upon a mobile device to do simple banking transaction with Heartland
    A5/ NO

Unlike other banks .... and this one prides itself in being digital
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

A very strong week for HBL.
    Today's close was $1.66, with the VWAP being $1.6539, on 812,247 shares traded ,for a total value of $1,343,341.

Blackpeter said we probably had capitulation over on WHS thread

Hope HBL not heading to a blow off top
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Blackpeter said we probably had capitulation over on WHS thread

Hope HBL not heading to a blow off top
    So what if it does?
    However looking at the chart, this new high signals the breakout is on the upside.
    In the meantime, I am now looking forward to the fully imputated divie,as will your bowling club mates.Did they decide to buy on their own,or did you do the decent thing and bring HBL to their attention?.
    Last edited by percy; 17-03-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A very strong week for HBL.
    Today's close was $1.66, with the VWAP being $1.6539, on 812,247 shares traded ,for a total value of $1,343,341.
    < that is all