sharetrader
Page 909 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 40980985989990590690790890991091191291391995910091409 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 17397

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Would be nice to see HBL upgraded

For what it is worth, I do appreciate Snoopy's posts, even if I don't necessarily 'agree' with them

....its been 'upgraded' a fair bit over the past few months
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Missed by that much

You must be conservative... 10% annual growth? is that all?
    Yes, I may need to update that estimate. Thanks for pointing it out.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I agree. Snooper my friend, its time to turn your talents to finding opportunities. I brought up ANZ's chart last night. In late 2013 they were $39 a share and are presently just under $35 Kiwi a share.
    During that same period of time HBL was ~ 80 cents a share and they have more than doubled and from a TA perspective look like going higher still.
    Fair call that I shoudl have been more 'on the ball' with ANZ back in 2013. Suffice to say I have put a lot of effort into trying to understand banks better since then. But back in 2013, ANZ was a star that could do no wrong, so "I didn't need to pay as much attention to it" ;-P. Much like Heartland enthusiasts don't have to pay much attention to their Heartland investment today. TA is really just another way of saying "let the good times roll", and party on. I prefer to go with a more data driven forecasting approach. Granted I will miss any 'surprising turnarounds' by doing things this way. But I am prepared to forgo such wins, just as I forgo buying Lotto tickets.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 20-03-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

Strong finish last week, strong start today... $1.68 currently I believe, $1.70 by the open tomorrow?

Strong finish last week, strong start today... $1.68 currently I believe, $1.70 by the open tomorrow?
    Seems to me that still trading cum a fully imputed 3.5 cent dividend up to and including this Wednesday nobody with any meaningful volume seems to want to sell. Seems they broadly agree with this hounds assessment of fair value. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see $1.70 today, ($1.69 when I looked a minute ago). Hold.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Seems to me that still trading cum a fully imputed 3.5 cent dividend up to and including this Wednesday nobody with any meaningful volume seems to want to sell. Seems they broadly agree with this hounds assessment of fair value. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see $1.70 today, ($1.69 when I looked a minute ago). Hold.
    In these euphoric times and the market loving Heartland why not $1.75 today and $1.80 by end of week and $2.00 by Easter

After all Percy says the breakout is on the upside
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    In these euphoric times and the market loving Heartland why not $1.75 today and $1.80 by end of week and $2.00 by Easter

After all Percy says the breakout is on the upside
    Lets not get too carried away ..but I suppose you never know do you. Seems to have been frequently stronger in the afternoon's lately which suggests demand coming from Australian or Asian investors.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-03-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

SNOOPY.
    Could we please have another of your wonderfull SELL HBL posts.
    I love them.
    Each one sees the sp react upwards immediately.
    You are making me a very wealthy man.
    Snoopy thank you.
    The beers are on me next time we meet.

Advanced Member

I love how it is increasing as well, but this cannot continue forever. At some stage the risk will outweigh the reward. Unless this is a takeover haha. I will continue to hold

Even @ 168c still a solid gross 7.11% yield (5.06% fully imputed)
    SCOTTY