sharetrader
Page 913 of 1745 FirstFirst ... 41381386390390991091191291391491591691792396310131413 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,130 of 17448
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    No, no no say it ain't so!

As a PGW shareholder I am feeling doubly shafted at selling the PGG Finance loans to Heartland at book value, then having to buy at 10% stake in Heartland at a big premium to market value.

You guys can speculate all you like about fair value for the Heartland-Not-Bank. PGW Chairman Sir John Anderson told we PGW shareholders that 'fair value' is 'book value' for non-bank financiers these days, if you are lucky. And the more cheap Heartland shares are sold, the lower the overall per share book value for PGW shareholders. Overall I have a schizoid reaction to what is going on.

From an industry observer perspective, we need Heartland to succeed. I wish all shareholders good luck.. You Heartland investors are heros, pushing back from the financial sector collapse to create a base for a new golden dawn of finance funding. This will see the true heartland of New Zealand captaining the economic recovery going forwards.

From a PGW shareholder perspective, I hope Heartland goes down. If that were to happen, PGW could unload $50m in loans for the Heartland receivers to deal with, the contractual defacto fall back position of the debt sales agreement. You existing Heartland shareholders are leeches on the financial fabric of New Zealand, frightening sound businesses to sell their loan books to you, even as you cream the stolen profits. I would like nothing better for today to be seen as a false dawn in the finance sector, with the heavy trampling boot of back banking debt facilities weighing on you before crushing you into the ground. You parasites! I hope you all do your dough.

SNOOPY
    Snoopy's second post on this thread post #81 ...30-8-2011 is another classic.
    Loved the " you existing Heartland shareholders are leeches.""You parasites".
    Wonderful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Wonderful stuff.
    I really don't understand the obsession!

Wonderful stuff.
    Please cool it percy - you not being nice at all

Just put him on ignore if he upsets you so much
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Please cool it percy - you not being nice at all

Just put him on ignore if he upsets you so much
    Obessive foolish laughable posts do not upset me.
    Last edited by percy; 22-03-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Foolish laughable posts do not upset me.
    So why make mock of snoops - not very civil of you

We've all (including yourself) have made posts that years on seem stupid

percy

So why make mock of snoops - not very civil of you

We've all (including yourself) have made posts that years on seem stupid
    After nearly 6 years his posts on this thread have become tiresome.!
    Yes we have all posted the odd stupid post,but not hundreds of them..
    Last edited by percy; 22-03-2017 at 08:58 AM.

After nearly 6 years his posts on this thread have become tiresome.!
    Yes we have all posted the odd stupid post,but not hundreds of them..
    No comment from me about repetitive tiresome posts - probably get me banned

Back on topic - dairy prices up overnight, that's generally a good sign for Heartland's share price.

IMO

- probably get me banned
    Repetition

On the doghouse

Snoopy's first post on this thread.
    Post # 30..... 20-07-2011.

Snoopy wrote:

-----

On page B7 of the Dominion is an ad for PGG Wrightson Finance, an organization which seems inevitably destined to become part of Heartland. They are advertising a 12 month secured term deposit offering 7.5% per annum. This is despite the small print in the ad that notes any such investment will become a deposit with Heartland that will consequently be unsecured in a couple of months time (no mention of that last clause in the ad of course).

Then on p13 of the Kapiti Observer, a real 'heartland' publication (sic), Heartland are offering a 12 month term deposit rate of 6.25% per annum. This seems to be quite a big gap for what is ostensibly the same investment, even allowing for the fact the 'small print' shows that the PGG Wrightson Finance 7.5% rate is for investments of $100,000 plus.

<snip>

I can't help the impression that Heartland is really old rope painted and tarted up as a new frilly bow knot. The marketing budget is being spent to allow the paying of lower interest rates to depositors than a BBB- credit rated organization might otherwise offer. Pull the wrong string and the whole lot might unravel. I really, really hope that I am wrong.

I would like to see Heartland succeed. I think NZ inc. needs it! But is a 'Salt of the Earth' name and a hyped marketing budget really the key to the path of success?

-------

No comment.
    I do remember writing that Percy. Despite the sceptical tone, the post does show how on the ball I was. I definitely got in first with noticing how good Heartland's interest margins were, well before Heartland themselves started pointing out their high interest margins relative to other banks. Of Course, Heartland wasn't even a bank back then.

The transition to becoming a 'bank' (albeit one that doesn't pass the duck test) has previously been acknowledged as done for marketing reasons as much as anything else. Yet well before that I linked 'hyped marketing' as the key to the path of success. That post of mine was absolutely spot on with the key points. So prescient, I almost can't believe it! That post might as well have been written by a sceptical Geoff Greenslade alter ego!

Did you see that film 'Avatar' Percy where they put the humans in a deep sleep and transferred their consciousness to another being? I wonder if when I go 'shuteye', Geoff Greenslade gets up and does his Heartland stuff? The when Greenslade goes to bed, here I am typing away on Sharetrader! Maybe I am the alter ego Greenslade typing away in a parallel existance, so prescient are my posts. What do you reckon Percy? Could it be true ;-P

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 22-03-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I do remember writing that Percy. Despite the sceptical tone, the post does show how on the ball I was. I definitely got in first with noticing how good Heartland's interest margins were, well before Heartland themselves started p[ointing out their high interest margins relative to other banks. Of Course Heartland wasn't even a bank then
    "Old rope painted and tarted up as a new frilly bow knot."
    "Pull the wrong string and the whole lot might might unravel."
    "I really ,really hope I am wrong."
    Yes you were wrong, and have continued to be wrong for nearly 6 years.