sharetrader
Page 919 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 41981986990991591691791891992092192292392996910191419 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,190 of 17397
    Guru

Brian Gaynor criticises the disdain of NZ companies for their small shareholders and suggests it as one of the reasons why NZers prefer residential property investment. FBU comes in for the biggest criticism perhaps. The HBL SPP is cited as an example of the cavalier attitude despite enthusiastic smaller shareholders. No doubt these criticisms will fall on deaf ears?

Brian Gaynor: Small investors treated as second class
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11824823

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    And I still haven't, the got my money back........getting little concerned now
    Have you checked the banking details you have on file with Link share registry.

There did seem to be undue haste to push through a piddly $20m capital raise in December, just before a quarter / half year end.

I wonder about the timing.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Had e-mail from LINK concerning my contact with them.. " It is in the post "..

They have been writing cheques.. Even though they have all my details.... Should be there Monday.

Eventually got mine as a cheque in the post. Not sure why they didn't send it back directly to my account!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLP View Post
    Eventually got mine as a cheque in the post. Not sure why they didn't send it back directly to my account!
    As Del Boy would say.. A nice little earner ..

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    There did seem to be undue haste to push through a piddly $20m capital raise in December, just before a quarter / half year end.

I wonder about the timing.
    Has been puzzling me too.
    Going from "too much" capital earlier in the year to a "hastie" placement ?
    I wonder whether they put off a capital raise as thought they may buy UDC, and would have to raise a great deal of capital,and then Spotcap and Fuelled opportunities came along and they did them,and then worried at their capital ratio,and had to act quickly.?
    Whatever it did not fit in their usual strategy of being "well positioned."

ziggy, if I would be in your shoes I would call Link and ask. I only can imagine two reasons for the missing money - either they have no account details registered for you and sent you a cheque (which might take ages to arrive thanks to NZ Posts outstanding services, and it might go to an old address or whatever), or they have the wrong account details and somebody else is now enjoying your money. Whatever it is - contact them and I am sure they will sort it out for you.

Just one additional hint - they didn't put the money into the account where they took it from, but into the account where you normally would find your dividend payments (unless you still get them by cheque). Have you checked there?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Has been puzzling me too.
    Going from "too much" capital earlier in the year to a "hastie" placement ?
    I wonder whether they put off a capital raise as thought they may buy UDC, and would have to raise a great deal of capital,and then Spotcap and Fuelled opportunities came along and they did them,and then worried at their capital ratio,and had to act quickly.?
    Whatever it did not fit in their usual strategy of being "well positioned."
    Still would have had $50m odd in cash at that time .....so it looks like some key ratios needed fixing before quarter end

Methinks more capital raisings (prob bonds) on way as they say 'optimise' the balance sheet - some just call it fionancial engineering.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ziggy, if I would be in your shoes I would call Link and ask. I only can imagine two reasons for the missing money - either they have no account details registered for you and sent you a cheque (which might take ages to arrive thanks to NZ Posts outstanding services, and it might go to an old address or whatever), or they have the wrong account details and somebody else is now enjoying your money. Whatever it is - contact them and I am sure they will sort it out for you.

Just one additional hint - they didn't put the money into the account where they took it from, but into the account where you normally would find your dividend payments (unless you still get them by cheque). Have you checked there?
    "Someone else enjoying your money" Omg perish the thought.

The funny thing is,if you sent the funds electronically you gave the bank account the funds were to be withdrawn from,so why would they not put the money back there? rather than place it in your dividend account.
    In my case it was with ANZ Securites account,rather than the ANZ account the funds originated from.
    Last edited by kizame; 25-03-2017 at 11:17 AM.