sharetrader
Page 922 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 42282287291291891992092192292392492592693297210221422 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,220 of 17397

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Even though for the most part I don't understand your posts as they are a bit too technical for me,and I may not agree with your views,never the less you have put some fire into the HBL thread.
    A big positive is that more people read the thread and can draw their own conclusions. Keep it up.
    Ditto. Just keep on it Snoopy. You're not without readers and/or followers As HBL is one of those stocks I picked just by reading on what was said on this forum, I would run this stock based on what my gut say is the overall consensus. Maybe not the right way of doing it but heck, I'm almost on a low 6 digit paper profit on it already. Besides, I found it here so I'll leave this one stock's fate in here. The gambler's gut in me would know when the time comes to fold, quit the deal and count the money of course. But eventually, maybe the Crowd is never wrong. We'll see. Thanks to everyone contributing on this thread.

A while back I posted a comparative analysis with other banks showing HBL was worth at least $1.73 - $1.76, probably more because of its superior growth rate. I backed that with real money, not theory or conjecture, (further investment) today.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    A while back I posted a comparative analysis with other banks showing HBL was worth at least $1.73 - $1.76, probably more because of its superior growth rate. I backed that with real money, not theory or conjecture, (further investment) today.
    No wonder the share price is up 2 cents today to $1.64!
    When can I expect to see an SSH notice?

This guy reckons UDC under the Chinese will sort of struggle

Heartland must be looking forward to the day it's all finalised ....yes?

http://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/86...od-udc-finance
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This guy reckons UDC under the Chinese will sort of struggle

Heartland must be looking forward to the day it's all finalised ....yes?

http://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/86...od-udc-finance
    HNA group have certainly been on the acquisition trail. Took a stake in Virgin airlines last year from AIR at A32 cents a share, (current SP A19.5 cps) so they've certainly done very poorly to date with that investment. Who really knows what's behind the group in terms of funding though and what are the ramifications in regard to UDC, your guess is as good as mine although its clear if they are still going to be chasing N.Z. debenture funding the dramatic anticipated reduction in their credit rating will have very serious implications for their funding costs.
    HBL have their own way of doing things and it seems to be working just fine.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-03-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thank you PT & Snoopy for responding to my post.
    Last edited by Felonius; 29-03-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Some huge percentage moves in Bendigo bank and Bank of Queensland today on the ASX. Hmmm...might have to look into that tomorrow and do an updated comparative valuation for HBL

Dilettante

So here we go. HBL announces offering up to A$ 20 M of subordinate unsecured convertible notes to certain institutional investors
    https://www.anzshareandbondtrading.c...spx?id=4395112
    Last edited by iceman; 31-03-2017 at 02:52 PM.

In plain english to a mediocre student,what does all this mean.

percy

Subordinated unsecured convertible notes.
    They are Tier 2 bond,a debt instrument,issued for a 10 year term.HBL can repay early,and under extreme circumstances the bond holders could convert their bonds to shares.
    I have been expecting some form of bond issue for sometime.It is smaller than I would have hoped for.
    However positive.