sharetrader
Page 927 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 42782787791792392492592692792892993093193797710271427 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,270 of 17397
    percy

Heartland Bank is not hindered by a large branch network.
    From their recent result.;"The shift to a digital distribution model is a cost effective way for Heartland to broaden its reach."
    From retailers such as HLG and BGR, we see bricks and mortal growth of 5% to 7%,while their on line growth is around 29% to 35%.
    Maybe the market is realising Heartland's potential "digital" growth will far exceed any other bank.
    This together with their higher net interest margin,will see solid eps growth.
    I think the market is seeing Heartland delivers on what they say they will do.
    For many of us long term holders, seeing the market waking up to Heartland has come as a bit of a surprise.Admittely a very pleasant and profitable one.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Very definite full stop

It is well overpriced, full stop.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    And... ride the trend until it isn't.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    By what analysis pray tell ? All the talk on CNBC by analysts specializing in financials is that a rising interest rate environment is good for banks.
    We're seeing a solid re-rating of banks in Australia with for example BEN and BOQ both up circa 1.5% today alone. HBL simply following a general rerating of the sector.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    And... ride the trend until it isn't.
    Common sense really ..

Disc. Happy holder.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation What goes up maybe comes down, a bit, but not too far please

Down 4c in two days.

Is that because I said it was overpriced

or
    because you guys have stopped talking about it ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS I hope you are all keeping safe there in NZ .
    om mani peme hum

IMO

How does the financial system work - Duration: 2:42. Bruce Tonkin 863,434 views

Hugely exaggerated on the news for most of us PT.Why i even saw our city on the BBC channel and the reporter was talking up a puddle in the background. Have been some power cuts and a few roads blocked.Meanwhile some entertaining relief from Clarke and dawes above.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 13-04-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Guru

Down 4c in two days.

Is that because I said it was overpriced

or
    because you guys have stopped talking about it ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS I hope you are all keeping safe there in NZ .
    Likely a bit of both... I TNRed some of my Heartland capital into bonds after it became apparent yesterday it was unlikely I will be able to take part in the bonanza that will be Oceania's listing.

But I still firmly believe Heartland are "well positioned"

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    $A20m as Tier 2 capital raise completed, just announced to NZX.

Cost of funds.
    Margin to Aussie bank bill swap rate 4.15%
    90 day Australian BBSW currently 1.785% as at 6/4/ 2017
    Cost of capital funds presently 5.935%, reset quarterly
    10 year term. Unsecured bonds not listed. Ranks at Tier 2 capital.
    Good exchange rate to convert these capital funds to $Kiwi at present. Very competitive funding cost for Tier 2 capital raise in my opinion.
    I find it annoying when a company announces something to the NZX, but then does not replicate that announcement on their website. The Heartland Australian Notes are detailed here:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/256337.pdf

But this level of detail disclosure is apparently no business of Heartland shareholders. One detail that caught my eye was that there is no plan to list these "Australian notes", even on any Australian exchange. Is that why the ASX website contains no information on them?

The above document contains the rider that is should be read only in consultation with the '31st March Information Memorandum'. But as to where interested parties might find that, I have no clue. Is anyone out there a better detective than I am?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 16-04-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I find it annoying when a company announces something to the NZX, but then does not replicate that announcement on their website. The Heartland Australian Notes are detailed here:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/256337.pdf

But this level of detail is apparently no business of Heatand shareholders.
    Sorry Snoopy, I don't follow your line of thinking. Its was released as an attachment to the NZX announcement, I for one have already read it, done some research on what the Australian BBSW floating rate is and posted the approx. cost of funds in an earlier post, just under 6% for tier 2 capital. What's the problem ? the information is available for anyone interested and I've already stated I think its a good deal for HBL shareholders. Maybe they'll update their website at some stage but I am sure you will have already noticed from the terms thereof, (not listed and minimum transfer amount $A500,000), these notes were never intended to be freely transacted at a retail level. I would think the information memorandum would simply be an expansion of the term sheet issued to those parties interested in the issue.
    Perhaps e.mail the company secretary if you want to drill down any more. Term sheet speaks for itself as far as I am concerned. I have zero interest in holding tier 2 capital at 6% and the minimum size might "slightly" compromise my ability to hold a diversified portfolio anyway
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-04-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine