sharetrader
Page 93 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596971031431935931093 ... LastLast
    percy

KW has posted some interesting links on Aussie Forum; the BIG FOUR Aussie Banks.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Give Bucklands my love (used to live there), has been too long!
    Great place,lovely sea views and enjoyed watching the ferries while eating my Snapper and chips.!!!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Did you get a bonus fish today? I have been at my local lately, like earning bonus interim dividends, totally stoked!
    No bonus fish,however,beauty day,great place was enough of a bonus.Up at 4.30 am,in bed 11pm,making the most of the day.!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Got my shares overnight, so happy to say now.

I chose AIG, American International Group.

They were slaughtered in 2008/2009 over derivatives and other barely comprehensible investments, were bailed out by the govt after record losses, and have now (in my opinion) turned the corner.
    That was very considerate of you, thanks.

Got my shares overnight, so happy to say now.

I chose AIG, American International Group.

They were slaughtered in 2008/2009 over derivatives and other barely comprehensible investments, were bailed out by the govt after record losses, and have now (in my opinion) turned the corner.
    How is AIG any better than HNZ?

Maybe its not. I don't presume to have a greater wisdom than anyone else. But I do have my own investment methodology which puts a stronger emphasis on current value, earnings per share and earnings growth.

My spreadsheet of lies and distortions says that AIG has been oversold and it has been a broken stock, even though the company has largely now navigated the crises it faced over the last few years. It is a value play, whereas Heartland is a growth play (which in the end, I have plenty of growth plays in my portfolio).

AIG is trading at roughly half of book value, which for an insurance company, is dirt cheap. The effects of Hurricane Sandy will hurt it for the next two-three months, but in a years time everyone will have forgotten about this.
    I saw HNZ as a value play, was I wrong about that or has it changed from value to growth?

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    STC, when you made your decision I assume you factored in the falling USD ... Out of interest what % did you assume?
    But the New Zealand dollar against the US dollar is currently one per cent undervalued, according to the Big Mac index.

Yes, I think the long term mean reversion is 72-74c.

Which is my 2 c worth... :-)
    my 3 cents worth is that fair value is around 82 cents based on my PPP workings .... no emotion in that and one doesn't have to listen to uncompetitive exporters bleating on about an 'overvalued' dollar .... we should be proud as a nation to have a strong dollar

老外

I hate this to turn into a discussion about the US $, but my feelings have changed recently after I realised all the money that has been printed over the last few years will finally start making it's way into the real US economy this year and onwards. As a result, I expect some rather large inflation figures coming from the US at the end of the year and a subsequent loss of value in the US $. Which means a potential shakeup in world affairs (maybe China unhooking itself from the US $?) and a potentially even stronger NZ $ by years end... maybe we should move this to a US $ discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    I hate this to turn into a discussion about the US $, but my feelings have changed recently after I realised all the money that has been printed over the last few years will finally start making it's way into the real US economy this year and onwards. As a result, I expect some rather large inflation figures coming from the US at the end of the year and a subsequent loss of value in the US $. Which means a potential shakeup in world affairs (maybe China unhooking itself from the US $?) and a potentially even stronger NZ $ by years end... maybe we should move this to a US $ discussion?
    Nah then I'll have to go somewhere else to read it. Banks (hnz) and dollars go together,so is apt discussion.