sharetrader
Page 939 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 43983988992993593693793893994094194294394998910391439 ... LastLast
Results 9,381 to 9,390 of 17472

As much as I like heartland, this price is starting to seem a little crazy. I am still holding, but am no longer sure I should be. Hard stock to sell though, anybody else sharing this feeling?

A while back I posted a comparative analysis of HBL v the 6 Aussie banks. I arrived at a fair price of $1.83. I won't sell anything that's tracking and growing well unless its at least 10% above my assessment of fair value. I think the tax change against the Aussie banks gives HBL more of a competitive advantage in N.Z. and in Australia with their reverse equity mortgages. That extra competitive advantage has to be worth something on the SP. The market says the net present value of all this future competitive advantage its 10 cents, (as that's what's been added to the SP since this occurred). I won't argue with the market so my preliminary revised assessment of fair value is now $1.93, call it $2.00 shall we Percy
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    A while back I posted a comparative analysis of HBL v the 6 Aussie banks. I arrived at a fair price of $1.83. I won't sell anything that's tracking and growing well unless its at least 10% above my assessment of fair value. I think the tax change against the Aussie banks gives HBL more of a competitive advantage in N.Z. and in Australia with their reverse equity mortgages. That extra competitive advantage has to be worth something on the SP. The market says the net present value of all this future competitive advantage its 10 cents, (as that's what's been added to the SP since this occurred). I won't argue with the market so my preliminary revised assessment of fair value is now $1.93, call it $2.00 shall we Percy
    I don't know what to call it?
    I am like a stunned Rabbit caught in the hunter's spot light.!
    $1.79-$1.80,Absolutely fabulous...

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I don't know what to call it?
    I am like a stunned Rabbit caught in the hunter's spot light.!
    $1.79-$1.80,Absolutely fabulous...
    Easier than selling books or counting beans that's for sure
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Easier than selling books or counting beans that's for sure
    Yes makes "honest" endeavors seem very hard work,for modest returns,however they are what provided us with the capital to invest.
    Sort of keeps my feet on the ground.

Guru

Wow, winner69, Heartland has been winning so much these past few days... ?

Been a fantastic few days for Heartland, today even had good volumes, despite another 5 cent rise.

Surely tomorrow is the day Jeff comes out with his 60 - 65m profit forecast (ie an upgrade), and we all know if this is the case it will be 64.8m
    And once Jeff has said these magic words, he will become the man running a billion dollar company (market cap at $934 million right now)

Congratulations to all the holders, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Disclosure: Not holding
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 10-05-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Thanks for the help on that. I could have spent ages figuring that one out. 😂
    Sorry ... predictive text

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    somebody knows something......there has been more buyers chandeliers for quite a while.
    I agree, far more bulbs than sellers recently

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I agree, far more bulbs than sellers recently

I think people are looking for their next best opportunity and have finally cottoned on to HBL having a lot more potential... Especially if NZ becomes the Switzerland of the South Pacific (probably won't happen/hopefully won't happen). I am loving it (Not an add. No I don't like McDonalds, ever)

Interesting to note,and probably nothing in it but...
    WBC and ANZ shareprices have corrected by quite a bit,whilst HBL and TNR have increased on good volume over the last few days.
    Coincidence...
    Last edited by kizame; 11-05-2017 at 01:02 AM.