sharetrader
Page 94 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697981041441945941094 ... LastLast
    percy

The appointment of Richard.A.Wilks as a director looks good.A lot of banking experience .I note in google search he was ANZ National Bank's Chief Risk Officer in 2009.Also recently appointed a director of Rangatira,a very successful investment company.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Nah then I'll have to go somewhere else to read it. Banks (hnz) and dollars go together,so is apt discussion.
    Well don"t go to the HNZ website to try to read about FX values. I had a few pounds to change yesterday and looked up all the banks websites to see what their rates were before I went into town to change the money . Found all with ease except HNZ, stuffed if I can find their FX rates. Very very disappointing website indeed and they need to fix it up pronto if they want to be taken seriously as a "bank" by the general population !

Whoever said there are a lot of pissed off shareholders in HNZ has got it just about right I reckon. It's going to take a good interim result to clear the backup of sellers sitting between 68-70 cents, they're queuing up like lemmings jumping off a cliff!
    Can't see the logic in it myself, I'd be holding off until the share price recovers and then sell, I guess its the herd mentality at work!

percy

Well I am very pleased with my HNZ investment.ALL PROMISES KEPT,clear plan.clear communication,growth sector,great equity ratio,still trading at a discount to NTA,paying a dividend.I look forward to HNZ growth with a sense of excitement.Great value.People buy/sell everyday,some clever,some silly,others dilly.I hold,and look forward to adding to both mine and my wife's holding.
    Last edited by percy; 01-02-2013 at 05:48 PM.

The problem is that Heartland has a lot of Christchurch investors from Pyne Gould, plus Canty Building Soc investors in Canterbury. All have not just lost cash with Heartland, but also lost their marbles with earthquakes. So they take the cash now. And there are so many in this situation. Common sense says its worth 75 cents on the original float, which is what major investors paid. Remember a whole lot of investors lined up to sell out of Pyne to George at half assett backing. In Canterbury we are suffering from shaken brains. So hold, things can only improve, stay the same, decline. A pretty accurate forecast I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    Whoever said there are a lot of pissed off shareholders in HNZ has got it just about right I reckon. It's going to take a good interim result to clear the backup of sellers sitting between 68-70 cents, they're queuing up like lemmings jumping off a cliff!
    Can't see the logic in it myself, I'd be holding off until the share price recovers and then sell, I guess its the herd mentality at work!

Yes, you have my sympathies Mouse, I was born and bred in chch and still have family there, you must be a hardy lot to remain, it's a lot calmer up here in the Bay of Plenty.
    I'm in this one for the long term holding and adding while they're still cheap. This looks more and more like its going to be a great little Bank .

Exactly. I do not think it is going to try and compete with the retail banks, for want of a better description, but it will do very well from looking after contractors, farmers, etc. I am negative about Heartland closing the Sydenham Money Club office, I think they will regret it. Plus I think they have to do some housing mortgages. Long term the shares are a steal at the present price. I think we should get to a dollar by the end of this year. A 50% profit on todays price.
    Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    Yes, you have my sympathies Mouse, I was born and bred in chch and still have family there, you must be a hardy lot to remain, it's a lot calmer up here in the Bay of Plenty.
    I'm in this one for the long term holding and adding while they're still cheap. This looks more and more like its going to be a great little Bank .

I see a Heartland Bank advt in today's Dom Post advertising invoice finance for businesses. That's a pretty secure product with a good margin and an excellent way to differentiate themselves from the mainstream players - though I think BNZ do have a similar product. Let's hope this is the start of their marketing activity to build profile for themselves and the SP.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

percy

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I see a Heartland Bank advt in today's Dom Post advertising invoice finance for businesses. That's a pretty secure product with a good margin and an excellent way to differentiate themselves from the mainstream players - though I think BNZ do have a similar product. Let's hope this is the start of their marketing activity to build profile for themselves and the SP.
    A good simple,clear ad that gets the message over.Pleased to see HNZ advertising product in their ad.
    Will watch for more.!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Ah - thats very interesting. They are defining niches nicely for themselves, small business focused.
    Well no surprises there, as small business is after all............................................... ........... you guessed it;.....HEARTLAND NZ...