sharetrader
Page 941 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 44184189193193793893994094194294394494595199110411441 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,410 of 17397

I got back in at 1.56 fairly recently and plan to stick with in. If it gets down will likely add.

Gunny

Banned

I've sold out now at ave $1.76. Good luck to all holders. I think it is still a good company but just too rich on valuation for me and there will be other opportunities out there

I think HBL needs to up its game for new depositors. I've been waiting on the phone twice now for over 6 minutes to set up my internet banking, and have left a message for them to return my call - 45 mins and waiting. Not exactly winning me over at this stage to get the lump of cash I want to deposit and as a shareholder I'm definitely unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    I think HBL needs to up its game for new depositors. I've been waiting on the phone twice now for over 6 minutes to set up my internet banking, and have left a message for them to return my call - 45 mins and waiting. Not exactly winning me over at this stage to get the lump of cash I want to deposit and as a shareholder I'm definitely unimpressed.
    .....and when you are up and running have fun doing transactional stuff on a mobile device

They are leading the way in digital things I'm told

But you should know that owning the bank is better than putting money in anyway
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .....and when you are up and running have fun doing transactional stuff on a mobile device

They are leading the way in digital things I'm told

But you should know that owning the bank is better than putting money in anyway
    That's right, about investing in the bank not depositing in the bank, much better return albeit a bit more risky to capital fluctuations. Way better than a term deposit or a savings account, so far.

As far as online banking is concerned, all the banks have it and none of them are differentiated in any significant way from each other. Pretty much of a muchness is basic online banking across the sector, for web & mobile. It's pretty much the price of entry to the market, a baseline service, all say they are innovating but none are delivering in any serious way and most are laggards in conjoining payments, to banking, to accounting.

Where Heartland are making a difference in digital, is outside traditional transactional banking, in the riskier plays which thus far are still experimental but working out ok in the current upbeat economic circumstances.

BAA - When one tries to do transactional stuff on a mobile it generally doesn't work and Heartland staff tell you to wait until you can access a desktop

That's why I was telling suse he would have some fun doing transactional stuff.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BAA - When one tries to do transactional stuff on a mobile it generally doesn't work and Heartland staff tell you to wait until you can access a desktop

That's why I was telling suse he would have some fun doing transactional stuff.
    Well that's not good, so their web banking and their mobile banking don't have the same basic functions, or one works better than the other? I have ANZ, Westpac and ASB, and all of theirs work fine on mobile app and the browser but none are really very inspiring, some of their mobile offerings are aligned (look and feel) to their web online, but none are particularly innovative in terms of new functionality.

I think we're in a plateau period for the banks, putting out second/third generation online (web/mobile) banking experience, but as I said it's all pretty basic stuff that really just replaces what we used do in the branch offices. Good, but basic transactional stuff. If Heartland are still catching up here, I don't see that as a particularly big issue, but inconvenient for their retail customers.

Where the next-gen stuff is going for core-banking - the three-pillars of banking (deposits, lending, payments) is much more interesting and useful, linking payments to core-banking to accounting, and aligning to sector specifics, seamlessly.

This is being led by the online accounting, not the banks. Funny really that online accounting is eating the lunch of the banks that didn't realise it was lunchtime, and soon it will be too late and be dinner time. But that's another subject.

Unfortunately this online banking stuff is a big investment for the banks, usually over the top of antiquated cumbersome and rigid core banking systems, and although all of the banks have a big online (Digital) story, some bigger than others, none of the banks are delivering innovation yet in this space.

Heartland I suspect is actually a laggard in core banking on web and mobile, they're just too small to justify the expense required to lead or even closely follow the market. That said, they do have and are very progressive in non-core online banking products / services outside transactional banking. Albeit experimental.

Bugger - no profit upgrade in latest announcement. Did say upper end but we had already worked that out eh

Column V must be looking healthy
    Last edited by winner69; 17-05-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Q3 profit up 16% on last year (YTD up 13%)

Lets assume $60m for FY - implies Q4 profits only up 3% on last year - that's pretty miserable eh

Why maintain a low figure of $57m in their guidance - that implies a 16% fall in profit for the quarter v last year. What a nonsense - we are not idiots are we

Column V getting a good workout I reckon

What was their profit in Q4 last year W69 ? Add 16% to that as clearly momentum is building and take off a million or two for a final clean up of doubtful dairy loans and Bob's your uncle !
    Speaking of dairy, I see we've had yet another increase in the auction overnight. I think we're out of the woods now.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine