sharetrader
Page 95 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495969798991051451955951095 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Half year result to be announced on 25th of Feb. Will be interesting !

Maybe not so much forgotten but missed by a lot of people

Advanced Member

Not missed by those who care, timing of announcement doesn;t have anything to with the news I would have thought as results are usually 9am?

I am interested that the sp is in the doldrums. I suspect part of the problem is that people, including investors, cannot deal with multiple decisions and uncertainty. So they worry about their holdings in Heartland plus the Earthquakes here in Canterbury. Many homes are still not repaired. It will take years for repairs to be completed.
    So they sell Heartland. It had a predominantly Canterbury shareholding. I suspect there are far more Canterbury sellers than buyers. Caused by quake shock. Any ideas?

Guru

I wouldn't all it doldrums. It is just a bit static as people wait to see what the next piece of news is.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

It's hard to say. I live here in CHCH and work very closely with home owners, insurance compnies, EQC and CERA.

There is a movement among people here away from large companies without that local "feel" - Insurance companies are certainly a big part of such distrust and resentment.

The scale of the rebuild, and the way red zoning has been implemented, means a lot of people will have to take out top up mortgages to buy, build or repair their home.

I would say if Heartland leaves a good impression with such people then they can capitalise on a good local reputation.

Personally, I don't see why necessarily Canterbury people would be quick to sell shares in local bank with the scale of construction and lending going on here.

I'm a Heartland holder and look forward to see how it goes.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    I am interested that the sp is in the doldrums. I suspect part of the problem is that people, including investors, cannot deal with multiple decisions and uncertainty. So they worry about their holdings in Heartland plus the Earthquakes here in Canterbury. Many homes are still not repaired. It will take years for repairs to be completed.
    So they sell Heartland. It had a predominantly Canterbury shareholding. I suspect there are far more Canterbury sellers than buyers. Caused by quake shock. Any ideas?
    Doldrums.No poised. 748,756 shares traded today.Positive market.
    Vechicle sales are at record levels,with ChCh leading the market.HNZ's MARAC will be getting their share of the financing,as they will be of machinery and equipment needed for the rebuild.With the rebuild going on for a good number of years the long term out look for HNZ is excellent.Savy investors are realising you are better buying Heartland bank rather than an Aussie bank because of the tax credits.I am looking forward to the interim report on the 25th with a sense of excitement.
    Last edited by percy; 06-02-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Fasten yer seatbelts......................................!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I wouldn't all it doldrums. It is just a bit static as people wait to see what the next piece of news is.
    With so many people wetting their knickers with excitement. It is difficult to predict what will happen.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    <----------aqojwrpokjQOPJT3JQ!!!
    Your seat belt is too tight, Moosie