sharetrader
Page 963 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 463863913953959960961962963964965966967973101310631463 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,630 of 17397
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I sat out the dairy crisis as my perception was that those two years or so were a period of time when the systemic risks from that sector to the HBL balance sheet were too high. I don't see anything like the risk that existed at that time.
    Interesting, I see the Global Geopolitical risks, Trump, and our own internal elections creating a lot more uncertainty and risk at the moment. Clearly I'm wrong, as the markets all going well. But for those reasons I am largely sitting on my hands....and losing...at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Interesting, I see the Global Geopolitical risks, Trump, and our own internal elections creating a lot more uncertainty and risk at the moment. Clearly I'm wrong, as the markets all going well. But for those reasons I am largely sitting on my hands....and losing...at the moment.
    Fair enough, at least unlike others you admit this is a losing strategy at present whereas some others are in denial. Global markets don't seem concerned by the sabre rattling over North Korea, Trump fiasco will go on and on and probably a relief rally if he eventually gets impeached and the Greens thanks to the considerable "talents" of their co-leader are ostensibly in self-destruct. http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nation...cid=spartandhp

Can't rule out the possibility of some sort of unholy left wing alliance incorporating Winston Peter's but I'm prepared to bet he's more likely to jump into bed with the Nat's. Not sure any of that impacts HBL to any material degree. That's as clear as I can polish up my opaque crystal ball
    P.S. I sat on my hands after Trump was elected (because I thought it would have a dramatic negative effect on world equity markets) for about a month or so, cost me plenty and not something I want to repeat.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-08-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Life goes on.
    I have enjoyed watching the young couple who moved into an oldish house, across the road from us.
    No cares about Trump,or anything else.Just too busy with the baby,tidying up their section,building a lovely new fence,a garage,and new concete drive.In the short term they appear to be positive too,as they have planted plants.
    I get the same positive vibes each time I deliver my books to primary schools.Hundreds of bright, full of life young people.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Life goes on.
    I have enjoyed watching the young couple who moved into an oldish house, across the road from us.
    No cares about Trump,or anything else.Just too busy with the baby,tidying up their section,building a lovely new fence,a garage,and new concete drive.In the short term they appear to be positive too,as they have planted plants.
    I get the same positive vibes each time I deliver my books to primary schools.Hundreds of bright, full of life young people.
    I think that's why you keep working your business at your young age. You enjoy the people contact, (don't need the money). All the reason you need
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-08-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Interesting, I see the Global Geopolitical risks, Trump, and our own internal elections creating a lot more uncertainty and risk at the moment. Clearly I'm wrong, as the markets all been going well. But for those reasons I am largely sitting on my hands....and losing...at the moment.
    Not a professional analyst's approach, but as the markets have had some good years, I have been gradually reducing some of my holdings (not HBL however) now. I got seller's remorse almost immediately when I reduced my ATM holding but it had become my largest shareholding.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 08-08-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Life goes on.
    It's a sentiment that people tend to forget when they're absorbed in the political and financial world. For a large percentage of the population life does indeed go on. Same thing different day...

I also kind of think the world is becoming a little immune to the shocks of the world so the impact they have are decreasing... possibly

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

The DRiP looks less enticing by the day.

BW
    PT (hyt)
    Of course it doe's .. Common sense tells you the money can possibly be used better some where else..

However !!.. Will you ever spend SO little buying HBL shares again ???.. At a discount.. Minus brokerage ??

HBL. Is IMO. A good company for any one's portfolio..

Disc. Looooong time happy holder..

Fundamentals win out at the end of the day

All the talk about politics and wars and other things are just a distraction .....some call it noise. Best forgotten unless you are playing the game of punting on short term movements in the share price.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Fundamentals win out at the end of the day

All the talk about politics and wars and other things are just a distraction .....some call it noise. Best forgotten unless you are playing the game of punting on short term movements in the share price.
    So what are you saying ???

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    So what are you saying ???
    I'll take a stab....just relax, put your feet up and enjoy the ride to $2 and beyond