sharetrader
Page 97 of 1732 FirstFirst ... 4787939495969798991001011071471975971097 ... LastLast

I hope they do come out with a steady as she goes approach - slow growth with long term profits in mind.

I'm weary of acqusition that require more capital from shareholders or institutional placements that would dilute current shareholdings.

I also wasn't impressed at the management for giving themselve shares after the merger was completed. Congrats, you've brought together CBS, SBS and PGC. This is what you were paid to do - you don't get a bonus for doing your job, you get a bonus for exceding expectations (they are yet to do this in my opinion).

Former PGC holder now HNZ holder, in it for the long run.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ETC View Post
    I hope they do come out with a steady as she goes approach - slow growth with long term profits in mind.

I'm weary of acqusition that require more capital from shareholders or institutional placements that would dilute current shareholdings.

I also wasn't impressed at the management for giving themselve shares after the merger was completed. Congrats, you've brought together CBS, SBS and PGC. This is what you were paid to do - you don't get a bonus for doing your job, you get a bonus for exceding expectations (they are yet to do this in my opinion).

I think all of us who started off holding HNZ from PGC distribution would share your views and concerns.
    They need more runs on the board.I am sure they will get those runs, and in the long term it will turn out a very successful investment.
    Last edited by percy; 12-02-2013 at 09:34 PM.

What we have here is a Finance Company, and I like finance companies, which somehow has managed to get itself a Bank title. I feel that Heartland has a much more diverse loan book than many banks. The problem is they have to know the business they are lending on. I think they do, but Marac went bust. Plus never forget that PGC shares were $5.00 each at one time. Those same shares might be worth 5 cents today.. People in Canterbury are shocked about what has happened. Hopefully we get a cent interim at least, and one and a half cents would be useful. Confidence will take some time to recover. Can you make a prediction please Percy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ETC View Post

Last edited by mouse; 12-02-2013 at 09:40 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    What we have here is a Finance Company, and I like finance companies, which somehow has managed to get itself a Bank title. I feel that Heartland has a much more diverse loan book than many banks. The problem is they have to know the business they are lending on. I think they do, but Marac went bust. Plus never forget that PGC shares were $5.00 each at one time. Those same shares might be worth 5 cents today.. People in Canterbury are shocked about what has happened. Hopefully we get a cent interim at least, and one and a half cents would be useful. Confidence will take some time to recover. Can you make a prediction please Percy.
    Chairman of HNZ, Bruce Irvine brought some of those PGC shares at $5,so he has real skin in the game.Marac went bust, as did a lot of finance companies, through lending 30% of their book on property sector.That was twice their capital.Marac did not understand the property sector.Marac was, and is a hugely successful lender on vechicles and equipment.You will note from their presentations how wide spread their loan book is, and how well spread are their borrowings.Most people have got over their shock and are enjoying the opportunities that are avaliable.I hope you get a divie,I am more interested in the "steady as they go/grow " progress they are making.

But of course, you can only pay a dividend if you have a bit of profit. Results awaited with interest. Didnt know Bruce Irvine bought at $5.00. Should he be running the Company?
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Chairman of HNZ, Bruce Irvine brought some of those PGC shares at $5,so he has real skin in the game.Marac went bust, as did a lot of finance companies, through lending 30% of their book on property sector.That was twice their capital.Marac did not understand the property sector.Marac was, and is a hugely successful lender on vechicles and equipment.You will note from their presentations how wide spread their loan book is, and how well spread are their borrowings.Most people have got over their shock and are enjoying the opportunities that are avaliable.I hope you get a divie,I am more interested in the "steady as they go/grow " progress they are making.

percy

But of course, you can only pay a dividend if you have a bit of profit. Results awaited with interest. Didnt know Bruce Irvine bought at $5.00. Should he be running the Company?
    Yes,he runs is it splendidly.Very approachable,returns phone calls,widely experienced,and speaks clearly and openily.
    Read his background and you will appriciate his capablities.

Yesss. But Five Bucks??????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes,he runs is it splendidly.Very approachable,returns phone calls,widely experienced,and speaks clearly and openily.
    Read his background and you will appriciate his capablities.

percy

Yesss. But Five Bucks??????????????
    Yes the world has changed.

Its not just Bruce that bought in at five dollars. There are a lot of long term shareholders from PGC that are now part of HNZ. Luckily I bought in quite low with PGC when they were talking about creating a bank out of Marac. I was happy to receive my HNZ shares but that left me with PGC shares that I did not want. I think a lot of people were in the same situation which allowed George Kerr the opportunity to buy up most of PGC. Good on you to the hold out, the related party lending in that company needs a thorough looking at by the FMA.

What I hope to see from the HNZ's half year result other then steady profits is an improvement in costs. They've had two years now to integrate the three companies, its about time we see some economies of scale happening.

Does anyone know what the scenario with the employ share scheme is? Are they buying off the market or not?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Am pleased to report I am now a Heartland shareholder, after some significant due diligence over the last month.

You may recall that I decided to invest in US insurance company AIG instead of Heartland a few weeks back.

After some serious thinking and further investigation, I found some more investable funds to apply to HNZ.

I look forward to the ride!

Welcome to the club Sparky, that last one at 70 yours? That 20k at 69 was part of my queue to buy. HNZ is a major part of my holding at the moment and I think I max out already.