sharetrader
Page 974 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 474874924964970971972973974975976977978984102410741474 ... LastLast
Results 9,731 to 9,740 of 17397

Love it how fast Jeff and his team work

Last Monday just considering a debt offer

Week later all signed and sealed including Waivers and underway

Shareholders won't be tempted though - better off owning the bank then lending to them

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/263797.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Love it how fast Jeff and his team work

Last Monday just considering a debt offer

Week later all signed and sealed including Waivers and underway

Shareholders won't be tempted though - better off owning the bank then lending to them

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/263797.pdf
    Certainly Jeff and the team are very fast on their feet.
    $100mil with the right to accept a further $50mil in over subsriptions is pleasing, and will delay them having to raise more capital from shareholders.
    And yes shareholder owners will be more than happy owing the bank,while others will welcome lending to the bank.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    $100mil with the right to accept a further $50mil in over subsriptions is pleasing, and will delay them having to raise more capital from shareholders.
    And yes shareholder owners will be more than happy owing the bank,while others will welcome lending to the bank.
    The big takeaway for me is that the risk of further EPS dilution has just gone down...if the capital need is debt-funded, that preserves existing EPS value in the shares.
    That should help share price also...
    Last edited by Oliver Mander; 21-08-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    The big takeaway for me is that the risk of further EPS dilution has just gone down...if the capital need is debt-funded, that preserves existing EPS value in the shares.
    But what are they going to use the money for....day to day lending or something else..matbe in aussie

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Exactly.Very positive.
    Ziggy415.I don't know,however they are enjoying very strong organic growth in all sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You could say that's a win-win situation and investors are well positioned. Some investors don't like shares and will be perfectly happy getting circa 4.5 - 5.0% and see that as an attractive return relative to term deposits.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You could say that's a win-win situation and investors are well positioned. Some investors don't like shares and will be perfectly happy getting circa 4.5 - 5.0% and see that as an attractive return relative to term deposits.
    I am contemplating reducing some shareholdings and am considering investing in HBL notes. If I do, I would have HBL shares, notes as well as fixed interest deposits! Good company that it may be, I would have to be careful not to become Over-exposed...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am contemplating reducing some shareholdings and am considering investing in HBL notes. If I do, I would have HBL shares, notes as well as fixed interest deposits! Good company that it may be, I would have to be careful not to become Over-exposed...
    If doing so reduce your holdings in the shares.
    When I retire this would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    But what are they going to use the money for....day to day lending or something else..matbe in aussie
    Lending, lending and more lending

Strong growth in reverse mortgages need lots of cash up front - some years before the get any cash back eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lending, lending and more lending

Strong growth in reverse mortgages need lots of cash up front - some years before the get any cash back eh
    Hope there is the same growth in home loans-I notice their rates are high so with low expenses should be good cashflow