sharetrader
Page 977 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 477877927967973974975976977978979980981987102710771477 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 17397
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Does anyone know when is the last chance to decide whether to receive DRP or not ?
    Keep the faith... I sold down twice and still kicking myself...

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Keep the faith... I sold down twice and still kicking myself...
    Haha. Still have unquestionable faith. Just wondering whether for the first time I should give the DRP a miss and buy SUMthing else. But the Beagle reckons I'm too late to change which is fine by me and I will graciously accept a few more HBL :-)

Advanced Member

Haha. Still have unquestionable faith. Just wondering whether for the first time I should give the DRP a miss and buy SUMthing else. But the Beagle reckons I'm too late to change which is fine by me and I will graciously accept a few more HBL :-)
    I still grumble at the " few " that arrive.. Now worry more about what price will be set. Ce la vie...

Onward and upward...

P.S. Sum borrows money from a bank :-))
    Last edited by janner; 06-09-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow Worth a few minutes if you are sure

You could always log into Link Market Services, flick the switch to 'cash please' and see what you get on the day.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    You could always log into Link Market Services, flick the switch to 'cash please' and see what you get on the day.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    But I'm not sure. Was hoping it would be after they announce the strike price but appears that's not how it works

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down he who hesitates is lost

But I'm not sure. Was hoping it would be after they announce the strike price but appears that's not how it works
    from a HBL DRP document:

6 Participation Applies from First Record Date Net proceeds of cash dividends payable or credited on your Participating Shares will be reinvested in Additional Shares from the first Record Date which occurs after receipt by Heartland of a properly completed Participation
    Election.
    Quick man, there may time, just do it!

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Default Skinning the Cat a different way

Hey Iceman,

You could always let a few go at $1.89 ex dividend (which is equal to $1.945 an all time new high cum dividend) and get some other bargain.
    Disc: The hound sprung out of his kennel with the speed of a startled rabbit at that opportunity and it may no longer be available.
    HBL is a great share that's trading at or very very close to the very top end of this hounds fulsome valuation and doing so in a very weak market...on the other hand...some shares have been punished way too harshly.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-09-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Very strong finish for HBL at $1.90, after going ex div,up 1.5 cents for the day.
    "well positioned."

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Very strong finish for HBL at $1.90, after going ex div,up 1.5 cents for the day.
    "well positioned."
    Surprisingly strong. Closed at an effective all time record on a comparative cum basis of $1.95.5. 1 buyer wanted 100,000 at close and was prepared to pay up to $1.91 ex the 5.5 cent divvy. Be interesting to see if there's any follow up support to that very late high bid tomorrow.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-09-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hey Iceman,

You could always let a few go at $1.89 ex dividend (which is equal to $1.945 an all time new high cum dividend) and get some other bargain.
    Disc: The hound sprung out of his kennel with the speed of a startled rabbit at that opportunity and it may no longer be available.
    HBL is a great share that's trading at or very very close to the very top end of this hounds fulsome valuation and doing so in a very weak market...on the other hand...some shares have been punished way too harshly.
    No. Not that way inclined but managed to pull out (I think)of the DRP after PT's post confirming the date, Already questioning it as HBL has served me extremely well for many years by just holding, adding and ignoring the noise.